Yesterday was a special day for the people of England, and for my daughter and I.. It was the day of the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Bekah and I got up at 4:00 am to begin watching it.
There was so much excitement! So much joy! So much hope for the future! So many glowing smiles and sure signs of love!
What is it about this wedding that gets so many excited? What about any wedding does the same thing?
I think there are several reasons:
- The expectation of what the bride will be wearing, the colors, the flowers, etc....
- It's a wonderful chance to dress up, celebrate, eat at good meal, and CAKE!!!!
- The promise of true love.
- But most of all the people who watched William & Kate's wedding or any wedding for that matter are hopeful that these two will be the odds. That they will understand the beauty in marriage, and truly live until death do us part.
- Could it be that they don't really realize what it is they are doing?
- Could it be that even though they say the words, they are not hearing or believing them?
- Are they truly ready to put the other persons needs above their own?
- Are they aligned with God and allowing him to be the head of their lives in ALL things?
- Do they truly understand that marriage is a covenant (not a legal contract) that they are entering into with God as a witness (Malachi 2:14).
- Marriage is a covenant created & ordained by the Creator of the universe and He is a witness to it.
- It was meant for procreation.
- It was meant for the support and help of the couple.
- It was mean to be Until death do us part.
- It was meant to show the Mystery of Christ and His Church(Ephesians 5:31-33).
Oh the beauty and promise of a wedding! Oh the mystery of the relationship between husband & wife; and Christ and His Church.
My heart calls out to all who are married & struggling; looking to get married in the future, or don't even want to have a thing to do with marriage. Look at the Author or marriage and trust him with your life & marriage.
I pray William and Kate have a long and blessed life together! I pray that for everyone that enters the marriage covenant.