Well this has been coming for quite some time, but I have selfishly put it off. The deactivation of my Facebook account. Why do I feel I need to write such a long explanation? Probably because I need to be reminded myself of what God is calling me to do, and why.
Most people probably have no issues with time. They can manage their time well, and can control the things that try to undermine their progress in a day. I am not one of those people. I can get sidetracked really easy, and well, let's face it Facebook sidetracks me on several fronts. I find myself on there far more then anyone should. When I get up in the morning I say I just check things out while I wait for my coffee to brew ~ can't start Bible study until I have that cup in hand. Well a few minutes turns into 20 and viola shortened time in the word.
It's funny how addictions go. I am not addicted to alcohol, or drugs, but put any food in front of me or give me a Facebook account and I'm a goner!!!
Well God has been impressing on me lately (O.K. for a while now) that I need to turn it off! He wants me to focus on Him, and I truly want to focus on Him, so he's asked me "Am I important enough to you?", "Are you willing to give up something that you like and spend more time with me?" , "I have things to show you, and you need to be ALL IN, are you willing?" Well of course my answer is YES!! I want more of God! I want to know Him and the power that I possess through His Son Jesus Christ! I want to share that with others, and I can't do any of this while being on Facebook.
There is much I have enjoyed on Facebook, and other things I haven't really enjoyed.
- Reconnecting with old High School Chums!!
- I have loved meeting and reconnecting with people I am of like mind with in Christ, like ~ Idella, Dianna Orea, Rhonda, Lori, Vicki, and of course E-Mom (but she's a bloggy friend too).
- I have enjoyed sharing my faith and encouraging others!! (Even though I'm sure I've been hidden by a few (or not a few) for the same reason! But glory be to God I will not be ashamed, and maybe someone desires him more because of what I've wrote.
- I've enjoyed connecting with family. It's hard to stay in contact with everyone and this has allowed us to connect. I will miss my 4:00 am (or even 3:00 am) instant talks with Judy, when we are both up.
- I will miss the pictures I get to see on here.
- I will miss the quickness of answers to breakfast from Diane and Patty, but we still have e-mail and I think we still know how to use the phone.
I hope that someday I can reconnect again. Once I'm through this time of teaching, and if I've learned to keep my priorities straight I just might be able to come back.
Thanks for the fun, and fellowship!!!
If you still want to stay connected come here to Scattered Stones (I think I'll be posting more) or my e-mail address is skjbvh4(at)allcom(dot)net.
Also our phone number is (616) 895-5689
Remember: So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Cor. 10:31)