Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
We made it dog worthy, but Champ wasn't thinking it was the best idea and decided to freak out when placed in the box with a hole in the lid! He'll change his tune when he sees us leaving without him this summer!
So go ahead Mr. Opec people, go ahead Mr. Exxon, raise your gas prices, we're ready for ya!
Hey do you have a catchy name I can put on the back?!
Tomorrow is Kam and my Garage Sale! We sure hope it doesn't rain!!!! Need some moolah for our big CA trip this summer!
Other important news! I cannot believe it but I am just 3 posts away from my 200th post! WOW! Trying to come up with an inexpensive but cool give away! Keep checking back!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
- Just one more short week and school will be done!!!! YEAH!!! I can't wait! I love summer and I love having my kids around! Also I don't love making lunches, being on a strick schedule in the morning, homework, etc......
- The day after school is out we head for the Conference grounds! Another yeah! We had so much fun there last year! It is right on the shores of Lake Michigan, they have a pool! Also Bible School for the kids and Bible study for me! Steve will work all week and come out at night. We usually know quite a few people and it's close enough that friends can come visit. So if you live in the area and are out in Grand Haven, spot of by to lot #66!
- I'm thankful for the weekend Kam and I had last weekend! I didn't blog about it, but we had a very relaxing time in Traverse City! That city has so much to offer!
- I am thankful for the prayer warrior's I have praying for me right now! I can sure feel their prayers, and I know that God will bring an answer in His time! Thanks for praying for me guys!
- I'm thankful that the weather is slllooowwllyy getting warmer! Of course I just stepped outside to help Steve with the pool cover and it's a gettin' chilly again! Michigan is so fickle, but I love her!
- I'm thankful that when Bekah didn't get off the bus at our house that she got off at Samantha's and was safe!
- Speaking of above! The pool is open and the green is disappearing! Looking forward to alot of fun times around the pool this summer!
- I'm thankful for my faithful bloggy friends, who have encouraged me the past few weeks! Completely understanding my need for down time! I do love having met all you ladies and so enjoy getting to know you better!
- I have been studying Philippians this past week! What an awesomely encouraging book that Paul wrote! Have you read it lately? I will end with some verses from there!
- Philippians 1: 3-6
- I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
- Be sure to check out the other ladies who are thankful at Sting my Heart!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Autumn, Debi and Amy
This isn't everyone! Some of them had to leave early!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Before I go a few prayer requests if you don't mind:
Pray for Jeremiah (again) - he got in trouble today in school. It always seems like we have issues close to school being out, I don't know, just pray for him and wisdom for Steve and I.
I also just saw in the Obituaries that the daughter of a girl I went to school with passed away this weekend! She is the cousin of a good friend so I called her to find out what happened! This dear sweet child was 23 and a mother of 2. Because of choices she made she did not feel able to deal with life, so she took hers! My heart is breaking for her, that she got so bad, and didn't feel the comfort of the Saviour who loves her, that she thought it just wasn't worth living! Pray for her mom and dad, siblings and all relatives involved! Pray for all our young people who don't feel life is worth living!
Lastly pray for clarity for me! I hope to be back after TC, we'll see! (Sorry Judy!)
A psalm of David.
2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
3 The enemy pursues me,
4 So my spirit grows faint within me;
5 I remember the days of long ago;
6 I spread out my hands to you;
7 Answer me quickly, O LORD;
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
10 Teach me to do your will,
11 For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life;
12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
Monday, May 12, 2008
Our Little Princess!
The 2 Princesses watching the Bride and Groom Dance! Do you wonder what they are thinking about?
Oh this picture made me cry! To see Roger (Steve's Brother) and Tara dancing the Father/Daughter dance was just precious! Roger is not Tara's biological father, but has raised her since she was two! They have a wonderful Father/Daughter relationship!
Two twirling Princesses'!
A picture of the future! I love how she is looking at me and Steve is looking at her!
A little bit of attitude!
Steve changed this one to black and white! I love how it turned out! It was great that Bekah and Kaelee had each other for support! They were both nervous, but both did an awesome job! I didn't realize it until Sunday, but Bekah doesn't do well being the center of attention! She wore her dress to church, but when we got there acted a little strange. I finally got it out of her that she didn't want to wear her dress (that would have been nice to know as we were putting it on) to church. Fortunately I had the clothes still in the van from the day before (you see there is a reason I don't clean my van well) so she got to change. Steve got out of her that she didn't like all the attention. I really think it help on Saturday having everyone being so dress up!
Finally for the lesson this lady learned! When you are 43 almost 44 it is not the best idea to dance to Bob Segers "Ole time Rock and Roll", do the bird dance and the Hokey Pokey! Your bad hip tends to tell you "What are you thinkin'? You're 43, overweight and out of shape! Leave the dancing to the cute little girls and the bridal party!" Oh yeah! I should have listened!!! All in all we had a great time!! The minister did a great job on the sermon! I wanted to say AMEN, but didn't think it would be appropriate at a wedding! We wish the best for Tara and Chad. We pray that God will indeed be the head of their home someday soon! Right now we can't say that, but God can do all things!
I was finally able to relax yesterday at 4:30 pm! It was a crazy morning! I planned on not going to Sunday School to chill before going to my mothers, but a sick teacher made me have other plans! When I was at my mom's I was very tired because I did not sleep well the night before (not because we were out late, we got home at 8:30), but just because I guess! My family all tends to talk at once and for some reason the noise just really bothered me. When we got home, my family graciously left me to be on the couch, and I was able to relax! I hope you all had a happy Mother's day too!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
I am in a David Crowder State of Mind right now so Here is one of my favorite songs of his, ENJOY!!!!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
I can't believe it is May 8th today! I just saw that Elisa posted her next installment of Living Intentionally - My 8 in 2008! Oh good grief I am not prepared! Not the best month so far, but we keep on keeping on!
- I'm thankful for God's word and how it is living and the best instruction manual that anyone could have.
- I'm thankful for those who have been honest with me even though it was hard. Please keep it up and continue to hold me accountable. By doing so you are helping mold me into the servant God wants me to be.
- I'm thankful for the ladies at Living Well who I am accountable to every week! It is helping!
- I'm thankful that Jeremiah got of to camp O.K. yesterday and that I have so many wonderful people praying for him and us. Day 2 is upon us today!
- I'm thankful for the beautiful green of Spring! I think the leaves grow overnight in secret to surprise us in the morning!
- I'm thankful for my faithful and loving husband who I can laugh with over the silliest things! We are a weird family, but we love each other and "weird is as weird does"!
- I'm thankful that there are only 4 more weeks of school! YEAH, I can't wait for summer!
- I'm thankful my sister Sandy is able to come up and spend time with my Mom and her kids and grand kids! I know she misses them bunches!
- As I look toward Mother's Day I am so thankful he made me a mother! There was a time when I didn't think I would ever be one, or that I would make a good mother! By God's grace alone I think I am doing O.K.!
Have an awesome week! I pray that God will continue to bless you and keep you! That he will make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Welcome to another installment of my Living Well Journey! I am feeling pretty good this week about my choices. I have taken small steps that I feel good about! I have added more water into my day! I know that is important! I have to constantly remind myself to drink it though. My two favorite drinks in the world are my coffee from Speedway (which includes a top off of cappuccino) and my fountain pops! This past week I have limited both of these! Boy it is hard because I enjoy them so much!
Steve and I haven't been walking lately, and I must admit I use him as an excuse not to. I know "bad me". He wants me to check out the local Contours. I used to go to the Curves here in town, and really don't want to go back to that, but Steve's company pays for half and I do need to be held accountable. When money is involved that is my accountability. So one of these weeks you may hear about me joining! One of these weeks!
Yesterday I was writing 2 Corinthians 10:5 in my Journal and as I continued to read I found these verses that inspired me, maybe they will do this same for you:
2 Corinthians 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
2 Corinthians 10:6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
These verses show me the power that is mine in Christ Jesus! Keeping my focus on him and not my situations! Also it shows me never read a verse out of context! Always read what comes before and after to give you the full meaning!
Have a great week ladies! Find more support at CWO - Living Well!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Want this button?
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Bekah's Word - Pea Aphid - a widely distributed aphid (Acyrthosiphon pisum) that is a serious pest on legumes (as alfalfa, pea, and clover)
Bekah's Sentence - All bugs are Pea Aphids to me!
My Verse - Deuteronomy 28:38 You will sow much seed in the field but you will harvest little, because locusts will devour it.
Have a great Saturday!
Kim Jeremiah and Bekah!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
INSIGHT NOT EMOTION
"I have to lead my life in faith, without seeing Him." 2 Corinthians 5:7 (MOFFATT)
For a time we are conscious of God's attentions, then, when God begins to use us in His enterprises, we take on a pathetic look and talk of the trials and the difficulties, and all the time God is trying to make us do our duty as obscure people. None of us would be obscure spiritually if we could help it. Can we do our duty when God has shut up heaven? Some of us always want to be illuminated saints with golden babes and the flush of inspiration, and to have the saints of God dealing with us all the time. A gilt-edged saint is no good, he is abnormal, unfit for daily life, and altogether unlike God. We are here as men and women, not as half-fledged angels, to do the work of the world, and to do it with an infinitely greater power to stand the turmoil because we have been born from above.
If we try to re-introduce the rare moments of inspiration, it is a sign that it is not God we want. We are making a fetish of the moments when God did come and speak, and insisting that He must do it again; whereas what God wants us to do is to "walk by faith." How many of us have laid ourselves by, as it were, and said - "I cannot do any more until God appears to me." He never will, and without any inspiration, without any sudden touch of God, we will have to get up. Then comes the surprise - "Why, He was there all the time, and I never knew it!" Never live for the rare moments, they are surprises. God will give us touches of inspiration when He sees we are not in danger of being led away by them. We must never make our moments of inspiration our standard; our standard is our duty.
- I am thankful that God provides for our needs all the time! Even when things are tight we always manage to have just enough to make it, and then occasionally he blesses us with just a little extra!
- I am thankful for my husbands job. Here in Michigan things are so incredibly bad in the job and housing market. Steve has been busy at work and as of yet his job is stable. His brother as well as so many other's are out of work. Never take things like your husbands job for granted. Also don't take them for granted which I tend to do sometimes. Our husbands are more then not the major source of income in our homes. They have a great deal of pressure on them to keep their jobs. When their jobs are taken from them when it's no fault of their own they take such a hit! Go give your husband a big hug and tell him of grateful you are for him and the way he provides for your family! I will when Steve get's home from Traverse City! He has been gone 3 times in the last 3 weeks. First to Pittsburgh, then Petoskey now Traverse City! But there again God is providing extra money to help us catch up on our budget.
- I am thankful for my job! I have flexible hours that help me as a mother, and I love that I am making a difference for Christ in the lives of children!
- I am thankful that things have gone well without Steve here! I am one of those wife's that really likes having her husband around, and I don't think I do very well with him gone, so I am thankful that he is praying for us while he's gone and we've been a great team! I also know there are others of you that have had your spouses gone for much longer and know I have nothing to complain about!
- I am thankful for friends that give me good sound advice. That point me to Christ, and what he says when I am feeling down or attacked!
- I am thankful that my mother had her PIC line taken out and that she is feeling better!
I am already pretty late in the day with this post! Go over to Sting My Heart to see more Thankful Thursday posts!