Just to let you all know that I am alive and well I thought I would participate in Linda's Random Dozen. I'm thinking Facebook has ruined me for blogging!!! I find writing little snippets are easier then writing posts!!! Sad state of affairs!!!! Here goes! I don't know how well I did for my first one, but it helped to post something!!!!
1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive?
I do a little bit of both. One work may have both printing and cursive in it. Is that a left brain, right brain thing???
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Oh My a realist, definitely!!! I am about order and reality!
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Elton John. He definitely is a talented guy.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
Silence of the Lamb! "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti" SCARY!!!!
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
Boy when faced with a question I come up blank. The one thing that is coming to mind is the day my dad died. I know there have to be more, but right now I guess there is not enough coffee flowing through my brain to get it moving!!!
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
Oh bugger I can't think of one!!! I know there are many!!! I don't know how good I am at this Random dozen stuff! But it has been fun!!!
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
Fishing! I love to go out with my husband. I don't understand all there is to fishing: the bait for what fish, where to fish, etc.... I just love being out there with either my husband or our whole family.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Being alone. My brain doesn't have to work hard then. When I'm around people I feel like I have to fill the void of silence and that my brain always has to be working. When I'm alone I can just relax.
9. Have you ever been on TV?
Hysterically yes! I was in a commercial for the Insurance company I worked for.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Thats a hard one, but I guess I will say Apple, especially warm with ice cream
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
None right now. Well except for a subscription to Marie Claire which I don't know how I got and it goes in the recycling as soon as I get it. Not one I would subscribe too. Sometimes I think of subscribing to Rachel Ray. I love her recipes.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
WAIT ON THE LORD, BE STILL AND TAKE HEART AND WAIT ON THE LORD!!!