I would like to thank Linda for keeping me blogging at least once a week!
1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.My favorite teacher was Mr. Clark, my accounting teacher. He was my favorite because he was COOL, and by the 3rd year of accounting we were pretty much left to ourselves. Teeangers!
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.The death of my father almost 20 years ago. I say that and I still can't believe it has been that long! I still wish I could see him and talk to him. Especially right now when I need some really good, firm, biblical guidance. He never met my husband, or saw my children, and they never got to meet him. It still and will always bring tears to my eyes!
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?Yellow is my favorite. Not loud yellow, but a soft yellow. It is a calming color to me, and it is the color of my favorite flower - the daffodil. I love seeing fields of pretty yellow daffodils. Someday I also want a house by a lake that is pale yellow with white shutters.
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?The hairs growing out of my chin, and the one nasty black hair out the side of my neck!!! I have blonde hair for pete's sake, where did that black one come from???!!!!
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?We were not allowed to do Halloween when I was growing up. We have allowed our kids to trick or treat, but no scary costumes or evil costumes. My son has gone as Psalty the singing song book, and Methusalah, amongst other things. This year his scary costume is Hillary Clinton. Bekah has been mostly dogs. This year she will be a pink poodle.
6. What's your favorite musical?
The Sond of Music. When I hear the father sing "Edelweiss" I get all misty. I love that song!
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?Country definitely country. I grew up in the country and loved it. My husband wants to move into a development for the kids, but I would prefer moving further out!!!
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn.
I would like the money spent on something more worthwhile, like a date night! God's already given me the Sun, Moon and Stars!
"This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?Sorry I don't text.
10. "It's not a party unless _______."There's alot of great food!
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.Look through my purse, and if my memory verses are in there study those. Otherwise just clean the purse.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?Probably. I would probably get tired of the way I cut myself down all the time though. Maybe check caller I.D., if I'm just not in the mood.