Over at Sting my Heart Iris wrote about being thankful for the book of Philippians! Since I am studying Philippians right now I am going to share my thankfulness for some of the verses that have touched me as I've studied!
- Philippians 1: 9-11 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
- Philippians 1:20 & 21 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
- Philippians 1:27-29 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him,
- Philippians 2:2-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
I am only through chapter 2 in the study and the funny thing is as I began to copy these verses I so realized I wanted to put more down. Then I thought Oh good grief you can't put in the whole 2 chapters. So I encourage you today to go and read the book of Philippians, or at least the first 2 chapters! You will be blessed! It is such an encouraging book! It is all about Christ and how he desires for us to live even when we suffer!
Iris' theme today was about life! So I just want to leave you with a couple of verses on REAL life!
- 1 John 5:11-13 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
- John 10: 9 & 10 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
So many things to be thankful for in His Living Word! Dive in today! Seek God's face! Tell him you really want to know him!