Saturday, February 14, 2009

TSMSS - Come Thou Fount

I have been thinking of the Ebenezer stone from 1 Samuel 7:12 lately. When I googled it the other day it mentioned it being part of this wonderful old song. Here David Crowder puts his unique spin on it (with lyrics below)





Come thou font of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of thy redeeming love
Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by thy help I'm come
And I hope by thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wondering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood
O to grace how how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above
Join others at TSMSS at Signs, Miracles and Wonders

7 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Love this old hymn!!

Becky said...

I stumbled into this hymn right after I had surgery last summer. I get a weekly e-letter from a ministry that posts snippets of things and had a mention of this hymn in it that particular week. It was so timely in that no one could ignore the series of events that led me to the surgery and to getting the RIGHT surgery to boot! I did a little bit of research on this hymn and its author. He was saved when he was 17, became a minister when he was 19 and wrote the hymn when he was 23. Quite a resume. Thanks for sharing it this week. This is one of those things where God keeps reminding me He's here, He cares, and He's watching out for me.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

When I read your earlier post about the Ebenezer stone, I thought about a post I had done a while back. Then I read this one, and though that you might enjoy reading mine too.

I was just playing this on the piano this morning...one of my favorite hymns ever.

http://heart-of-service.blogspot.com/2008/04/then-sings-my-soul-saturday_26.html

Xandra

Beth in NC said...

It has been a long time since I've heard this song. Thanks for sharing it and Happy TSMSS!

Denise said...

I love this.

seesawfaith said...

Man, Crowder hits it on the head every time doesn't he?

I had not read the scripture of the Ebenezer stone so had to go find out what it was about.

Thanks for teaching me something today!

Tonya said...

WOW!!!! I'm LOVING that video.. I'll have that beautiful tune in my head ALL DAY.. AWESOME!