Thursday, December 31, 2009

Facing the new Year!

Last year at this time I felt more focused. By this time last year God had given me Hebrews 10:23-25 as verses he wanted me to concentrate on. This year I do not feel that. I am not starting to panic yet, I need to remember the verses God gave me to memorize through the year about "waiting", and be patient. I do not want to rush into what I "feel" God is directing me too, but to walk confidently in the direction he desires me to go. My natural tendency is to panic though. Isn't that amazing! God has shown me so much about himself and how he controls the future and I still start to panic! Ugh!!!!

I begin this new year with some uncertainty. I can't go into things right now, but I have felt a lack of peace for sometime over a particular situation, and I know that I need to be obedient to God in the acting on that lack of peace. A few weeks ago the word "disquieted" came to my mind. I looked up disquieted in the dictionary and this is the definition:

lack of calm, peace, or ease; anxiety; uneasiness.

God also woke me up at about 3 in the morning with these words going through my head "Peace, peace, where there is no peace". I got up and read the scriptures where these words could be found. They are:

Jeremiah 5:13-15

From the least to the greatest,
all are greedy for gain;
prophets and priests alike,
all practice deceit.

They dress the wound of my people
as though it were not serious.
'Peace, peace,' they say,
when there is no peace.

Jeremiah 8:10-12 says about the same thing.

and

Ezekial 13:9-11

My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD. " 'Because they lead my people astray, saying, "Peace," when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth.

I feel and yes even fear that changes are coming! Changes that are going to be hard. Changes that are going to require faith, trust, and courage. I desperately want to be obedient, and to grow closer to Christ everyday. To be conformed more and more into His likeness. So like it or not, whatever happens, may He find me faithful.

I haven't posted a lot in the last few months either. That is partly because of the overwhelmed feelings I have been having. I hope to remedy that and be on here more frequently. I just want you all to know how much I have appreciated your visits and how much visiting your blogs has blessed my life this past year.

God Bless you all as we enter 2010! May He find us faithful!!

post signature

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Those are great verses.

Happy New Year, Kim! Looking forward to more bloggy friendship in 2010!

Mari said...

Praying for calm and "quiet" in stead of disquiet in your life.
Happy New Year!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Kim, I know what you mean about feeling unsettled. I have been somewhat wordless the last 6 months with so many changes in my life and trials in other's lives. But I feel a revival coming in my words, and I am excited about what God will do this year.

May He show Himself to us, and may we continue to walk the road hearing the voice behind us saying, "this is the way, walk in it."

Blessings in the new year! Thank you for your encouragement to me!
love,
Kathy

TRUTH SHARER said...

Kim:

If God has you reading and studying the prophets like Jeremiah and Ezekiel - he definitely trusts you to trust HIM in all that He is about to do in your life this year and even in the life of our country. Obedience is key - no matter what comes our way! HE IS FAITHFUL! And... if we are to reflect Christ in us -then we must be found faithful! I pray that we will both be found faithful - and we'll never know if we are UNTIL the hard stuff comes!
It's easy to be faithful in the good times - but when diffiulties arise - that's when our faith must be proven pure - genuine and we will come forth as GOLD - and only for His glory and purpose!

Choosing JOY with JESUS ONLY in 2010,
Stephanie