Monday, December 28, 2009

Looking back, looking forward!

What a year huh! I can't believe that it is almost over! I have been trying to think of how to word my last post of the year. God has taught me so much about who he is, what he requires of me, and what I, out of the love in my heart for him desire to do for Him. Late last year God gave me the passage Hebrew 10: 23-25

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope that we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Let us consider how we may spur one another on to love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as we see the day approaching.

as an instruction passage for my life. So many times throughout the year I was brought back to this passage. It helped me to keep things in perspective, and calmed my fears and worries, when they popped up. I also studied the book of Hebrews and saw a clearer picture of Christ and what he did for me, and you.

I also began to memorize scripture with a couple of thousand other women through the LPM Blog, and Beth Moore. I did really great until the summer, and then in September when I thought I would pick it up again, I really didn't do well. I hope to continue through this year as well. Getting back on track and memorizing the verses God gives me. At the beginning of the year Beth gave us an acronym to help us in our memorization. It is RENEW:

Read it.....

Examine it.....

Need it.....

Echo it.....

Wield it.....

This helped me in choosing the verses or passages I memorized. I will be posting the verses over the next couple of posts (otherwise they would be way to long) and explain a little about why I choose them and how they helped me.

Some of the things God has taught me this year are:

  • About His Sovereignty. Reading from the book of Ezekiel gave me a picture of who he is, and the control He has over ALL things.
  • He is a Covenant keeper! This is so important to all of us. God has never broken any of the promises he as made to us. If we are going to make a covenant before God we need to remember his covenants, and not make it unless we determine with God's help to keep it.
  • Marriage is a covenant that God witnesses. So because he puts great importance on covenants, he puts great importance on marriage.
There have been struggles, but through it all God has shown me things that needed to be pruned off, so that I can be more effective for His kingdom.

I have grown in my knowledge and love of Christ. I look forward to the coming year, and all it will entail, good and bad (even though of course I don't really look forward to the bad, but know God will work it for good!)

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year, and enjoy these last few days of 2009 with your family and friends!





post signature

4 comments:

Beth Herring said...

I pray that 2010 will be an abundant year of growing for you! I am also praying for myself, that I will continue to grow in Him, know Him more intimately and follow Him more obediently.

Love to you!

Mocha with Linda said...

Happy New Year, Kim!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Let us continue to place God's word in our heart in the New Year.
Be blessed,
Miriam

TRUTH SHARER said...

Kim------
Great post! God has also blessed you with much wisdom from drawing near to Him over this last year!

Indeed, He is a covenant making and covenant keeping God! His love for us is unending.

Your post has caused me to reflect as well over this last year and look forward to the one coming.

My desire is to fall more and more in love with Jesus in this new year!

Over this last year I have to say that His daily presence in my life has been the thing that has carried me - taught me - loved me - and blessed me more than anything. I always knew He was there - but this year HE has SHOWN HIMSELF daily over and over. He has been so close that some days I tell Him, "Lord, if you get any closer you will have skin and clothes on!"

HE IS FAITHFUL GOD!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie