a determination to act in a certain way!
It's that time again to look over my list and see how far I have come in my determination this month! I'm always amazed that I start out going gangbusters, then, well I don't know what happens!!! Time to evaluate!
- To learn to WAIT on God! I really love what God is showing me here! He is teaching me so much! He is opening my eyes to opportunities because of waiting on Him! There are many questions I have, but I know that all will be answered in time! I'm finding I have more peace also!
- To practice better hospitality! Each month God shows me and encourages me in ways to be more hospitable! Baby Steps! I still haven't gone to the Nursing Home like I want to. I've gotta grab Mari or Melissa at church to talk about some questions I have. Guys if you see me tomorrow and I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off, can we talk?
- To speak truth in love and stop gossip where it starts! Ya know this one is hard to gauge. I feel like I need others to tell me how I'm doing, but since no one is here right now I guess I'll have to. I have fail a little at this. I did speak truth, but I was not all that happy when I did, and the air was a bit thick in the room! Not good timing or attitude! Gossip (hummm), I think I'm O.K., I try so hard to examine my conversations! If any of you that I talk to see me doing or saying something that is gossip, please feel free to correct me!
- To pray for others more. To pray for the salvation of my family (extended)! Again Baby Steps! We have a wonderful Prayer e-mail list that comes through from our church, and I find I am stopping more to pray instead of going "I'll have to pray later"
- To take better care of God's temple! Failing miserably!!!!! I feel there are so many reasons behind this, but probably number one is my love of food, lack of self-control, and not giving complete control to God. I have to say I am worried about my health! To many young (relatively) people I know have died recently and I so want to be here for my family! Much prayer needed!
- To study 8 books of the Bible! I will be finishing up my study on Acts this week! I have so enjoyed it! I have loved getting to know Paul better, and really getting into his missionary journeys. I am so torn on what books to do next! I want to do them all, but I have to choose! I think maybe I'll try an OT book, like Nehemiah and maybe a NT book from Paul's Journeys. I also want to do a study of the letters to the 7 churches! Oh, I can't decide!!!!!!!
- To memorize 8 verses! I have memorized two! Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you" and Romans 12:13 "Share with God's people who are in need, practice hospitality" I am also having to memorize for EE so that will help.
- To organize all the closets, bookshelves and storage areas in my house! OK this I'm really proud of. We have this bookshelf by our computer that cannot really be seen because of the computer cabinet. I would just drop things there and never really look at it. It was a mess! I should have taken a before and after shot, but forgot to. I have to say again, it was a complete mess! Now here is the after shot!
Thanks for stopping by and keeping me accountable! Check out the other ladies at Extravagant Grace who are seeking to be intentional this year!