Monday, November 10, 2008

This song spoke to me!

Saturday on Then Sings my Soul Saturday Amy had this on her blog! I am not a song writer, but if I could write, this song would be what I would say! Isn't it great how God uses everyone to minister to each other in the way of their gifts. This songwriter has experienced what I have experienced in the way of God's great love and grace. She wrote about it and I could identify with it and say me too! I hope you enjoy this song!


Grace by Laura Story
My heart is so proud. My mind is so unfocused.
I see the things You do through me as great things I have done.
And now You gently break me, then lovingly You take me and hold me as my
Father and mold me as my maker.
Chorus
I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up, when I keep on letting you down? And each time I fall short of Your glory, how far will forgiveness abound?"
And You answer: "My child, I love you. And as long as you're seeking my face, You'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace."

At times I may grow weak and feel a bit discouraged, knowing that someone, somewhere could do a better job. For who am I to serve You? I know I don't deserve you. And that's the part that burns in my heart and keeps me hanging on.
Chorus

You are so patient with me Lord.
As I walk with You, I'm learning what your grace really means. The price that I could never pay was paid at Calvary. So, instead of trying to repay you, I'm learning to simply obey You by giving up my life to you for all that You've given to me.
Chorus

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow- what a powerful song. It did speak to me- in more than 1 area.
Great song!

Mari said...

I don't think I ever heard this before. It's beautiful and what powerful words. Thanks!

Fran said...

Hope you have had a great day with Jesus!!
Love,
Fran

All My Blessings said...

What a beautiful song...A song of Thanks. Can I copy it?....Kae