Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lord, we need you! - National Day of Prayer






We sing this song in church often! Today I desperately pray it again for our nation that moves further and further away from God!


I have been thinking alot about the current administration and their disregard for things of God. It does not surprise me, just sadden me, but then I remember a passage from my study of Ezekiel (which BTW I am trying to pull together my thoughts on what I learned from this study for a post). I'm only going to put selective verses, but I'm reading from Ezekiel 38.

Verses 10-12

'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. You will say, "I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land."

Verses 14-16

Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.

Verse 17

This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Are you not the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel? At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them.

Verses 21-23

I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother. I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'

You are probably wondering about right now where I am going - this is a prophecy of the future! What can that have to do with the current administration. Well here is my thought - See the "I's". Gog thinks he/they came up with this plan to attack Israel. They think they are so wise and that they are in control of the situation! But if you read the text God is the one that brings them to that mountain. He brings them there to destroy them. He sets the plan, they are merely pawns in a game where they think they are Kings! So my point being - This administration if there by God's design! I myself do not feel that it is for our earthly good, but brings God's plan clearer into view. God has a plan and His glory will be seen! World leaders may think they are wise, and cunning, but they are not the ones with the divine plan that has been set forth from before creation! That is who I am resting in - THE SOVEREIGN LORD!

3 comments:

Denise said...

May you be blessed today, and always.

Mari said...

Great post!

Beth in NC said...

Amen and amen!

(I love that song too!)

Great post!
Beth