Monday, November 2, 2009

Marriage Monday - A letter to my gift from God

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis


Want this button?

On this Marriage Monday we were asked to write some type of love letter to our husbands. Since I am not a poet I am choosing to write my blessing a letter. Thanks to E-Mom over at Chrysalis for giving us a reason to show our thankfulness. Here goes"

To my gift from God Steve,

As I have thought of what I was going to write in this letter so much came to mind, that I thought it would be impossible to put it all into words. That still may be true, but I want you to know how you have made such an amazing difference in my life.

We have only known each other almost 16 years. If feels so much longer then that, and I mean that in a good way! I feel I have known you forever, and that I cannot imagine life without you. There was a time before I met you that I was unsure whether I would ever get married. I even had people tell me that I probably wouldn't be good married because I was to set in my ways. All around me I saw marriages that were not what they were meant to be. They seemed to be constantly at odds, and very, very unhappy. I knew that I did not want that for myself, so I prayed that if I was single until I was 50 or for the rest of my life God would be picking the next man I dated. Now there is absolutely no reason why God should have granted me a wonderful husband. This prayer is really one of the first acts of obedience I acted on. Before this I was living my life for myself and making decisions that were not pleasing to God. I broke off a relationship that was not of God a year before I met you and resolved myself to let God lead in whatever direction He would have me go.

Little did I know that just 3 short weeks after praying this prayer I would meet you! At first Marilyn wanted to set me up with you but because of past "blind" dates I said a big "NO THANKS!" As the Lord would have it though we got together anyway, all because Marilyn was late meeting up with us one night! I love how God works. It took you awhile to call, but after you did, everything seemed so natural and comfortable.

I remember the first time I realized that I loved you. It was sitting on your couch watching home movies of you and your family. I loved how you loved your family! I loved how you loved Repo (our dog). I loved your home movies where it was just you testing out the camera with your pet bird and repo, Marcia and Dean, and all the rest. My heart was drawn to you.

Now here we are, married 14 years, with 2 wonderful children, a weird dog, a hamster, and 2 chickens, and I glory in our life together! Even the mundane parts of our life. 9 times out of 10 I go to bed with a smile on my face because you are there next to me. You are exactly what I needed in a husband. You are the calm to my crazy. You are the adventurer and outdoorsy type to my recluse and bookworm type. You draw me out and make me do things I wouldn't normally do, and I thank you for that. You give me so much encouragement, and spur me on to do the things that God has called me to do.

One of the things I love the most about us, is when we pray together, or when you take me in your arms and pray for me. That means so much! You are a wonderful father! Our children know they are loved and appreciated! I love the way you desire to be with each of them separately as well as together. You again give them adventures they wouldn't have without you in their lives. I love our family trips! You are the wonderful provider that makes that all possible! Well God is the provider, but you are the tool, who always works so hard for his family.

You have sacrificed so much for us. Before us you used to hunt and scuba dive all the time. Now that doesn't happen to often. I wish for your sake it could happen more! I love that you put us above your extra curricular activities. The one time you left for hunting, then returned 1/2 hour later because you wanted to be with your family more then hunting, meant so much!

You are exactly what I needed in a husband, and I am so glad that God brought us together! I pray we have many years together! Only God knows! But know this my wonderful husband - I cherish you and thank God every day for you!

Love your grateful wife,

Kim

post signature

19 comments:

April Feagley said...

He should feel very cherished! Your husband sounds like a wonderful guy!

Melanie said...

What a wonderful letter! You are very blessed!

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

Precious!

God honors prayers doesn't He?! :o)

Brenda said...

Kim, that was incredible. I don't think you could have said anything better. You two are a wonderful example of what a godly couple and family are supposed to be. I'm honored to have been a part of the day you got married. :) Love you tons.

Constance said...

Likewise, I decided that IF I were to ever marry again, God would have to "throw him in my lap". I was done looking because my judgment could not be trusted. Within 2 months of praying that, I met my husband Dave! We married 18 months later and the rest is history-our history! Thank you for encouraging all of us with your own life's story!
Connie

Beth Herring said...

What a great way to honor your fella! He is a blessed man and you are a very blessed woman.

bp said...

I really like how you started your letter to your "gift from God." That's so great! I have described my husband in the same way as "exactly what I needed in a husband." I'm so glad God knows these things and gives us what He knows is best.

Mari said...

What a wonderful tribute to your great guy!

Tracie Nall said...

Beautiful letter!

Susan said...

Oh Kim,

How deeply touching...

What a beautiful testimony of your love for each other!!

Thanks for sharing♥

Susannah said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kim. I'm blessed to know you've been together so long... it does seem like forever doesn't it? It's always breathtaking to see a man who is willing to sacrifice for his wife. THAT is true love.

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, Kim.

Hugs, e-Mom

P.S. You have chickens? Wow!

Julie Arduini said...

This was beautiful. It speaks volumes about what a wonderful man you married when he returned from hunting. I know so many loved ones that love hunting and wow! Thank you for sharing this!

*new site/moved blog:
http://www.juliearduini.com*
book giveaways all month!

Faith said...

Beautifully written! I love your blog! I"ll be back...found you from e-mom's linky thing. You are blessed to have such a great guy!!

Denise said...

Such a sweet letter, bless you.

Denise said...

Such a sweet letter, bless you.

Lorrie said...

What a great letter. Have a blessed day!

Connie said...

God has truly blessed you.........
Hope He will give you many more years of happiness.

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi,Kim...
This is my first time here. Glad I found your blog through Connie's comment box. What a lovely relationship you share. When I read about marriages like the one you share with your husband, my faith in God is strengthened. There's hope in this world. Satan's time at trying to destroy marriages will soon be up! Let's keep our marriages strong. Like you I believe that marriage is a covenant, not a contract. It's for keeps (for better or for worse, until death do us part...)

Blessings,
Lidj

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks