1. What was the last song you listened to?
I was in a don't worry mood last night so I went on You Tube and found "Don't worry be happy: by Bobby McFerrin and "Every little things gonna be alright" by Bob Marley. I was having a reggae moment. Ah shucks, let's play one again!!! Go here to watch video. And don't worry, be happy!!!
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
Not that I can remember. I've always tried to be wise with my money. Before I was married I didn't have alot of money to throw around. Steve and I got married and were dinks (duel income no kids) for a while, but after kids and I stopped working we were back to watching every penny, so I just don't make crazy purchases. I do have buyers envy thought! ; - )
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
Oh that would be the break up between me and my first boyfriend. We had dated for 4 years and I (notice I) had my life all planned out. I always think of the Garth Brooks song (Thank God for unanswered Prayers (even though I know he answers all our prayers, just maybe not the way we desire at the time, but always for our good) because if I would have gotten what I "wanted" I wouldn't have received what was "best" for me. I was devastated by our break up, but now I see God sovereign hand in it all.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
Nope. I'd rather see a parade in person.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
This morning I just read the whole of Isaiah Chapter 40. Not only is it a prophecy of John the Baptist, but it speaks of God's supremacy!
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention--G rating?
There are so many that I thought of, but the one that comes to mind right off the top of my head is, dare I say it???? - FACEBOOK!!! Boy howdy you can waste alot of time there!!!!
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
The Sweet Potato Pie I am making!!!! Oh I love all that butter and brown sugar!!!!!!!!!
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
"I'll Love you Forever" and "The Legend of Sleeping Bear" Both books make me cry!!!
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
I used to collect china cups. I have them all packed away downstairs because I have not place to show them. Now I just collect my children's artwork.
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
Both. At Christmas it's wrapping paper, but otherwise for birthdays it's both. A confession "I re-use the bags!!!!" Is that horrible or do others do that too?!
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
You know I don't remember!!! I don't remember alot of specifics about my younger days. I do remember almost getting hit by a friends car as I walked home from the bus stop, and I remember the tall mountains of snow I had to climb on so I wasn't walking on the road in the winter. Boy isn't that sad that I can't remember doing homework and such??!!!
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? When you're fishing, do you feel for the fish??
Yes ( Oh I so want to clarify!!!!!)
Join others over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for more Randomness!!!