Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thought I would share............

This past Sunday our Youth Pastor (who just happens to be my nephew) preached. We have been going through a series called "Knowing the God of the Bible". Beginning with Genesis and going through the Old Testament, giving people a better idea of who God is, so they can know and love Him and give Him the glory he is so worthy of. Brandon spoke using Haggai as the text. It was a wonderful sermon all the way around, but one part just about made me jump out of my seat and yell WAA HOO! Here is the text that he read from at this point:

Haggai 2:

6 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the LORD Almighty. 8 'The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty. 9 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty."

Do you see it? Verse 9 just smacked me in the face. God asked them back in verse 3 - Ask them, 'Who of you is left who saw this house in its former glory? How does it look to you now? Does it not seem to you like nothing?

The former temple was Solomon's temple, and it was something! This temple was rudimentary compared to the splendor of Solomon's temple. Why would this present house be greater then the former? Because this is the temple that Christ enters "I will shake all nations, and the desired of all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the LORD Almighty" . YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never put the pieces together before. The temple the remnant had built was the very temple that Christ walked into, that he chased the thieves from. This is the very temple that the curtain was torn in two from top to bottom! Oh it gave me goose bumps!!!!!!!!! I love what the Lord says next: "And in this place I will grant peace," declares the LORD Almighty!!!

YES!!! Thank you Father!! YES!! Thank you Jesus!!!

Oh how I love His word that teaches us about Him!! Glory! That is what God is do! Glory!!!!

Thanks for letting me share!! Looking forward to His 2nd coming!!

post signature

7 comments:

Mari said...

It was a wonderful message! Thanks for sharing your take on it. Isn't it amazing how much meaning can be packed into a few verses?

Beth in NC said...

I love it Kim!

Thanks for sharing!
Beth

Nate and Brenda said...

It was a really good message!! I loved how his voice got stronger and strong as he got into it! I could physically see God take over!! He said so many things that Nate and I have been feeling!!

Rhonda said...

Oh Sister, this is goooooooooood!! Thanks for sharing that!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I love it when that happens! It's so exciting when I grasp a truth in His word...especially when it's a passage I've read over and over again.

Xandra

Heidi said...

Tell it, sister!

Susannah said...

Some interesting connections and observations, Kim!!! Marvellous.

And you've got me thinking... There are so many levels to explore in this passage. It makes me think of the future (third) Temple that Jesus will descend to and rule from (as prophesied in Ezekiel.)

Also, as believers WE are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, and therefore his glory dwells in and is manifest through US!

God's ways are mysterious and wonderful. His deepest desire is to dwell among man... the problem is our sin. (Emmanuel=God with us)

Who but our God would have conceived of a way to make that possible through the death and resurrection of his perfect and sinless Son, Jesus. Hallelujah!