Oh my goodness, time does just speed on by doesn't it! I wish I could slllloooowww ttthhhiiinnngggsss ddddoooowwwwnnnn! I choose to go back to "Little house on the Prairie" Day's! They seened to have so much time didn't they!
Oh well time marches on! Time to be accountable for my month of intentional living in 2008!
- To learn to wait on God - This is a wonderful work in progress! God has me in a hold position of sorts right now because I don't know why he has me going to the Precepts training which is this weekend. Sometimes I try to figure out what he's going to do. Well you know where that goes! He alone knows the future and I like that!
- To practice better hospitality - humm.... I am trying to get better at sending out cards. I haven't gone to the Nursing home yet with Bekah. I really want to do that!
- To speak truth in love and to stop gossip before it happens - Truth in love has taken a hard hit. This deals with issues that I have always had a hard time with. Currently there is an "elephant in the room" in a very close relationship of mine. What is hard is finding the time to sit and talk it out. That is another thing I've never really learned successfully how to talk things out. I also don't want to do it over the phone. So I sit and wait for the appropriate time.
- To pray for others more. To pray for the salvation of my family (extended) - I think this is about the same as last month. I'm not going backwards.
- To take better care of God's temple - I'm feeling better in this area. I joined the accountability group over at CWO-Living Well. The women are all so encouraging and supportive. Steve and I have started walking again. I am journaling (somewhat). I've never been really good at that, but I must keep trying. I am focusing more on God and what he wants for me. So all in all even with some set backs I march forward.
- To study 8 books of the bible - I just finished my study of the book of Acts. It was great! I received so much instead into Paul, but also saw how God sometimes chooses to work. Here are just a couple of things that stand out in my mind:
- Persecution will happen when you follow Christ.
- The gospel is spread through persecuted people.
- Edit: I just wanted to explain a little more about this. Not that anyone has said anything against it, but I feel I need to. God works through all his people, but I noticed in the book of Acts that the gospel was spread through persecuted people scattering to other areas and speaking about Christ. I don't want anyone to think that the gospel is only spread through persecution.
- God has a plan for each one of us that he will accomplish in His time.
- You cannot forever "kick against the goads".
- God's plan will advance. He will get you to where he wants you. I love how he could've just told Paul to go to Rome, but instead Paul had to go through alot of hard situations before getting there. God says to Ananisis in Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name." Isn't that cool! The thing is too Paul knew that he would suffer and went willingly, even desiring to suffer for Christ! WOW! Needless to say I so enjoyed my time in Acts. Now I am studying Malachi (with our small group) and Galatians.
- To memorize 8 verses - This is going well. I am involved in Evangelism Explosion so I am re-memorizing verses from my youth there.
- Last but not least To Organize all the closets, bookshelves ans storage areas in my house. It took me until just last week, but I finally cleaned out my bathroom closet! (no picture sorry). It was in major disarray. It looks so nice and neat now. Right now I am working on our storage room down stairs. It is a mess! My sister and I are having a garage sale on May 1st or 2nd, so I am down there pulling everything out that we will be selling. Then it's on to the bedroom closets starting with mine and Steve's.
- Well that is the full report. It's funny I love structure, so this so keeps me in line. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's effective!
- Come see others who are being intentional and cheer them on over at Extravagant Grace!
- Have an Awesome April!