Saturday, April 19, 2008

Super Word Saturday!

After a short Haitus we are back!
Jeremiah's Word - Nizam - one of a line of sovereigns of Hyderabad, India, reigning from 1713 to 1950
Jeremiah's sentence - The dude was a Nizam.
My Verse - Ezekiel 23:22 & 23
22 "Therefore, Oholibah, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will stir up your lovers against you, those you turned away from in disgust, and I will bring them against you from every side- 23 the Babylonians and all the Chaldeans, the men of Pekod and Shoa and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them, handsome young men, all of them governors and commanders, chariot officers and men of high rank, all mounted on horses.
(This was a hard one! When I put the sword sovereign in Bible Gateway there were over 300 hits! But do you know what came immediately after sovereign? LORD!) He is the ultimate sovereign! The most entries in one book were in the book of Ezekiel too! In the King James it is translated LORD GOD! I just found this all an interesting side note!)
Bekah's Word - Degage - 1 : free of constraint : nonchalant 2 : being free and easy 3 : extended with toe pointed in preparation for a ballet step
Bekah's Sentence - When I play on the tire swing I am Degage!
She picked this word because that is the name of the ministry she gave the money to last week!
My Verse - Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Get out there and enjoy your Saturday now! Hey before you go I have a quick question - If your child received an invitation to a sleep over birthday party, and she had never mentioned this girl before, and you didn't know her parents and it was a Saturday to Sunday - What would you do?

8 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

I plan on working in my flower beds today. Friends keep telling me not to clean them out yet. BUT I am having the need to play in dirt. wink* As far as the sleep over....I would not let her sleepover at anyones house that I didn't know. but I have been accused of being over protective. I just them it's my job!!

Nate and Brenda said...

Kim,

We just had this happen also with a sleepover. Sat to Sunday never meet the parents. I met the child only once. It is also at a hotel with the father staying with the kids and the Mother in room next door with their other children. We told Nik he would NOT be going if we did not get to meet the parents. We did spend some time with the parents and they are very nice people so we are letting Nik go. I also asked around from other people that DID know the family. I would not do it with out checking around.

Diane said...

First of all, degage is used a lot on Haiti mission trips - I think we refer to the "go with the flow" attitude and "make it work" philosophy.

Secondly, we have kind of a rule in our house - no Saturday to Sunday sleepovers. The kids each did this one time I think and now we just say "no more". I would want to meet the parents first anyway and know a little about the homelife too.

Cheri said...

Ohhh- that's hard. Are there any other girls invited that you know the parents well and trust? I would ask them how comfortable they are with the situation maybe call the other girls parents and see what you feel like after talking with them too.

Mari said...

I like Bekah's word. I never knew what it meant. It kind of sounds like it's meaning. As for the sleepover, I don't think I would want her to go. It doesn't sound like she is close to the girl anyway and I always liked to have an idea of what kind of house hold they are going to.

Denise said...

Great words.

Tonya said...

Those are some really neat Bible facts you put out there... (I LOVE BibleGateway too!)

As for the sleep over.. I'm VERY OVER PROTECTIVE! If it were an instance that someone I knew, KNEW them really well I might consider it. Otherwise, they'd most definitely get a "no" from me. That's probably a little too late, but I thought I'd answer anyway. =-)

I hope you're having a GREAT weekend!

LOVE YOU!

Mocha with Linda said...

Sleepover? Sorry, no. For sleepovers I have to KNOW the parents, not just meet them.