Thursday, March 12, 2009

Daffodils!

Daffodils are my favorite flower of all times! I love how hearty they are, and what they tell us about Spring truly being here! I could have a whole yard full of them! Forget the grass give me Daffodils!




Marsha had this poem on her blog the other day and I just needed to post it here, enjoy:




"Daffodils" (1804)


I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,

They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:

I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought


What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.
By William Wordsworth (1770-1850).
Song of Solomon 2: 11-12
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
1 Peter 1:23-25
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed,
but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
For, "All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord stands forever."
And this is the word that was preached to you.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful, I love daffodils too.

~Trina~ said...

My daffodils bloomed last week. They faded away too fast. :( Now my iris's are starting to bloom, and the tulips and daylilies are springing up. I love this time of year and can't hardly wait for real spring. Enjoyed the post.

Cheri said...

I am SO ready to see some flowers!

skywind said...

Narcissus, Narcissus is a pure plant represents.
Health is the Greatest Happiness
The World at The Present

Mocha with Linda said...

Creation shows the power of God!!
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20

Beth in NC said...

I love them too! We always called them buttercups. :o) I have some in my yard and a vase full in my kitchen. I agree, they shout SPRING IS COMING!

I memorized that poem in college. :o)

Have a great afternoon!
Beth

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Fall is my favorite season, but spring follows at a close second. I just love seeing all the flowers bloom...right now the azaleas are going nuts down here and it's beautiful!

Xandra