Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mississippi here we come!

Tomorrow morning bright and very early we will leave for Mississippi! We are excited to see the sights of the south! My sister lives in Gulfport, so that will be our home base, but what I was wondering is what do some of you southern ladies recommend we do? We plan on seeing New Orleans, and want to head into Alabama and the pan handle of Florida. So any advice?

Pray for our trip! It will be 16-18 hours in a vehicler, most likely with a white pooch perched on my lap!

I'll try post pictures!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Sounds like so much fun! I've never been in that area so I don't have any suggestions for you.
Have a wonderful time.

Mari said...

Have a great time! We'll miss you!

Unknown said...

Have a safe and fun trip, we expect pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Mobile, Al. not far from Gulfport. We have beautiful Bellingrath Gardens and lots of other tourist attractions. We are also not far from the beaches of Gulf Shores, Al. Hope you enjoy the South & the heat!

Susannah said...

Enjoy! I'd really be interested to hear what New Orleans looks like post-Katrina. My DH did youth work in NO (Cuban refugees) for a year right after high school.

We enjoyed Epcott Center (Disney World). Don't know if you'll be nearby. Have fun Kim!