Linda over at Mocha with Linda had this Meme on her blog today! I thought it would be fun to try! Hey Linda I'm still working on that Meme you tagged me for!
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? I don't remember when it started, but I know I've always loved to read! I yearn for knowledge (TEE HEE)
2. What are some books you read as a child? Little House series and Nancy Drew. My daughter is now getting into Nancy Drew and I want her to start reading LH.
3. What is your favorite genre? Historical fiction, especially biblical. I also like to read Mysteries and I have read a few Tom Clancy novels!
4. Do you have a favorite novel? I loved the series by Lynn Austin called "Chronicles of the Kings"
5. Where do you usually read? Most of my reading is done on vacation now! If I get involved in a good book I will read it like crazy until I'm done, usually staying up late to do it!
6. When do you usually read? On vacation!
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Not always, but right now I'm in the middle of about three! Two for work and one for pleasure!
8. Do you read non-fiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? Definitely! I read for fiction for fun, and I usually mark up a non fiction like crazy!!! (yellow highlighters and lots of underlines!)
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? Fiction I usually get from the Library (either public or Church), non-fiction I have to buy because of #8!
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? The Fiction I buy I will usually donate to church. The non-fiction, no one would want due to the markings!!11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child? With my girl I like to see her reading the Nancy Drew books and Little House on the Prairie! When the kids were little we read Brown Bear Brown Bear, Goodnight Moon, I'll Love you forever (that one made me cry), The legend of Sleeping Bear (that one made me cry too!), Jeremiah loved Tycasauraus(?) I had it memorized we read it so much.
12. What are you reading now? Biblical Parenting by John MacArthur; Never Say Diet by Chantel (?); The Proposal by Angela Hunt; Is it a lost cause by Marva Dawn
13. Do you keep a TBR (To Be Read) list? No way to much pressure!!
14. What's next? More Angela Hunt Books; I've heard "The Shack" is good! I'm going to borrow that from my sister for vacation; I can't remember the authors name but there is some historical fiction I'd like to read, also "When I lay my Isaac Down"
15. What books would you like to reread? I can't often read a book twice, just like I can't watch a movie twice!
16. Who are your favorite authors? Angela Hunt, Lynn Austin; Brandilynn Collins
Well that's it! If anyone else thinks it would be fun I'd love to see what you have to say!