So much to be thankful for this day! Iris' key word for today is Freedom because of the 4th of July celebration this weekend here in the USA! Freedom means so much more then just celebrating our nations birthday! We are so fortunate to live in a country where we are still able to worship God freely, even though as Iris said there are changes happening that definitely go against God!
I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out your precepts.
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners
2 Corinthians 3:16-18
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom.
18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect
the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness
with ever-increasing glory,
which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
What I am thankful for this week:
- Coming home from church today and finding my children both reading their Bibles together on the front couch! Bekah notices certain things she has read. Realizing that this little exercise is working to draw them closer to God!
- I posted yesterday that nothing much as happening here! That was around 12:00 noon. By 3:00 there was plenty happening! Major storms went through the area! Much rain, wind, thunder and lighting (and a possible funnel cloud over A-Town)! I am thankful for minimal damage! I am thankful for a warm dry house to watch the storm from. I am thankful for the power of God I see in the storms!
- I am thankful for my freedom as an American!
- I am thankful for our troops! May God keep them safe and bring them home to their families soon!
- I am thankful for the walks I've been able to take lately, and even though I don't do it every day, the Lord has prompted me to pray as I walk.
- I am thankful my husband got out of work early and just pulled in!
Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!
Be sure to check out all the other ladies who are giving thanks to day over at http://www.eph2810.com/