It made me think of the verse:
James 1: 2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
Looking back over this past week the things I am thankful for are:
2. My son made the Principals List! He was so proud! He didn't think he would get it, because of some struggles he had. He came home with it in his coat because, he said "He couldn't stop looking at it!"3. I'm thankful for again another snow day! Three weeks in a row the kids have had 4 days of school! Not much to complain about huh!!!
4. I'm thankful for the lessons God continues to teach me about answers to prayer, and how waiting for answers allows us to see others in a different more compassionate way!
5. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to hear Kay Arthur speak at a conference this weekend, and how it doubled my devotion to just being in the Word of God!
6. I'm thankful for my husband, who is so supportive and encouraging! I am still amazed at how God brought us together, and I am so thankful He did!
7. Even though it's cold outside, I'm thankful for the "Blanket of White" that reminds me of how God sees me in Christ!
8. I'm thankful that my children are so excited about the new bible studies I brought home for them from the Conference! They are Inductive Bible Studies for kids. Bekah got one on Jonah and Jeremiah got one on Daniel! It has been a great time of sitting down and studying together!
I hope you all have a very "Thankful Thursday" too! See the other's who are Thankful at: