Friday, August 1, 2008

Some random California Pics!

Tell me where would you expect to see a coffee bus! Urban areas? Nope, try Squaw Valley, CA! We were on our way to the Sequoias and Kings Canyon, in the middle of no where, literally! Low and behold Bern spots this bus! Now it was pretty hot out so I got a hazelnut frappy! YUM!!!! I had to have Steve take a picture of it!

The boys at the ocean on the way to Morro Bay! Notice all have shirts on!
Now notice most shirts off! by the time we caught up with them they were completely soaked, and my sons pockets were full of sand because he got pounded by a wave! I heard about that much later!
A surfer at sunset by Morro Rock! Bekah found 5 perfect sand dollars on this walk!
My new favorite bird! The pelican! These birds are so graceful! They can fly just above the waves, with their wings maybe just slightly touching the waves! They move up and down with the waves! Also watching them dive bomb for fish is amazing! The literally go head first into the water at a high rate of speed!
Bekah after the wave took her under! She was covered in so much sand! We witnessed the mighty power of God in alot of things in California! From fires, to earthquakes to climbing on rocks on top of mountains, to waves! It was amazing and I am so thankful for his watchful eye as we explored this part of this creation!

This probably won't be the end of the pics either! Steve whittled it down to 670 last night! Aren't we nuts!!! Now we have to pic 200 or 250 of our favorites to print!

Have a great Friday!

11 comments:

Diane said...

How beautiful God's creation is all around us! Pics look great! I'm glad the kids did so good with the flying, riding, etc. Glad to hear too that Bekah recovered well. I have a list of 17 people for her to pray for - 17 people who received Bibles because of her!

Good luck with picking out your favorite pics to print!!! Not an easy task!

Mocha with Linda said...

What fun! Love the sunset picture especially!

Mari said...

Beautiful pictures! I love seeing those waves.

Melissa said...

What beautiful pictures!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME PICTURES...IT REMINDS ME OF WHAT THE OLD MINISTER SAID AT THE BIBLE CONFERENCE...HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ALL OF THE WAYS THAT GOD COMMUNICATES WITH US TODAY AND NATURE WAS ONE OF THEM...I CANT'T REMEMBER EXACTLY WITHOUT GOING BACK TO MY NOTES BUT THE VERSE TALKED ABOUT GOD SHOWING HIMSELF IN THE HEAVENS AND UPON THE EARTH. I'LL TRY TO FIND IT IN MY NOTES...YOU'LL PROBABLY KNOW IT BEFORE I CAN FIND IT! AWESOME PICS. SO GLAD BEKAH IS ALRIGHT.LOL, ME

Connie Barris said...

awesome my friend...

I miss you

Susan said...

Wow, what incredible pictures!!!

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend♥

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed these pictures.

Kathy Schwanke said...

Those photos are beautiful!! Now I have a new place I want to visit! How blessed you are to see such beauty and glory!

Marsha said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm always in awe of beautiful scenery pictures.

Shelly said...

Great pics. That would be hard to narrow down the pictures. I love to take pics too and that would be difficult for me.