Well I'm a little late, but still well within the day of Thursday so I'm doing good! It has been a busy day, week and promises to be a busy month, what with the coming Fall Children's Ministry season FAST approaching and with a pretty BIG change happening that only promises to bring more work, and possibly stress! Bring it on! Oh wait on second thought don't bring it on I was just joking! Enough babble until what I am thankful for this week! Iris' theme is hope! The verse she has on her site is the one I quoted all the way to California, Psalms 42:11 - Why are you downcast Oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me! Put your hope in God! For I will yet praise you my savior and my God! I love that verse! We are Christians have much to put our hope in! This verse is also said in Psalms 42:5 and Psalms 43:5! Isn't that great! David has to repeat it to himself too! Boy I love that!
I am so thankful this week that:
- I do have a God that is faithful and true! That I can put my hope in him and never be disappointed!
- That I have hope and a future with Him! But also hope and a future here! "On earth as it is in Heaven"!
- My little peanut is at camp for the next 3 days! She has looked forward to this all year! She loves going to Camp Geneva and was quite bummed that it was only for 3 days!
- I have read Philippians 4 and it has given me the right perspective for the next month and the changes that could otherwise stress me out! I love how God times these things for just when you need them! I was thinking "Boy I'm not getting through Philippians very fast!" Ah.... it's not my timing, but God! Thanks for that lesson Daddy!
- I have two children that I sincerely love to be around! I am going to miss them so much when they go back to school! School right now is a "four letter word" in our house!
- We laugh with each other, and genuinely enjoy being with each other as a family!
- I have a husband who works hard, and loves taking care of his family!
- I have friends to talk to about things that are on my mind! We don't get together much, but they are there when I need them!
- I learned a lesson on friendship. It should be about "expectancy" not "expectation"! Ah... , but boy how I did the latter for many years!
- There is rain and sunshine! For beautiful blue skies with fluffy white clouds, and for buckets of rain!
I need to get busy, so that is all I can do right now! Have an absolutely blessed evening, and check out the other ladies at Sting my heart who are sharing their thankful hearts today!