Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday!



Well I'm a little late, but still well within the day of Thursday so I'm doing good! It has been a busy day, week and promises to be a busy month, what with the coming Fall Children's Ministry season FAST approaching and with a pretty BIG change happening that only promises to bring more work, and possibly stress! Bring it on! Oh wait on second thought don't bring it on I was just joking! Enough babble until what I am thankful for this week! Iris' theme is hope! The verse she has on her site is the one I quoted all the way to California, Psalms 42:11 - Why are you downcast Oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me! Put your hope in God! For I will yet praise you my savior and my God! I love that verse! We are Christians have much to put our hope in! This verse is also said in Psalms 42:5 and Psalms 43:5! Isn't that great! David has to repeat it to himself too! Boy I love that!

I am so thankful this week that:

  • I do have a God that is faithful and true! That I can put my hope in him and never be disappointed!
  • That I have hope and a future with Him! But also hope and a future here! "On earth as it is in Heaven"!
  • My little peanut is at camp for the next 3 days! She has looked forward to this all year! She loves going to Camp Geneva and was quite bummed that it was only for 3 days!
  • I have read Philippians 4 and it has given me the right perspective for the next month and the changes that could otherwise stress me out! I love how God times these things for just when you need them! I was thinking "Boy I'm not getting through Philippians very fast!" Ah.... it's not my timing, but God! Thanks for that lesson Daddy!
  • I have two children that I sincerely love to be around! I am going to miss them so much when they go back to school! School right now is a "four letter word" in our house!
  • We laugh with each other, and genuinely enjoy being with each other as a family!
  • I have a husband who works hard, and loves taking care of his family!
  • I have friends to talk to about things that are on my mind! We don't get together much, but they are there when I need them!
  • I learned a lesson on friendship. It should be about "expectancy" not "expectation"! Ah... , but boy how I did the latter for many years!
  • There is rain and sunshine! For beautiful blue skies with fluffy white clouds, and for buckets of rain!

I need to get busy, so that is all I can do right now! Have an absolutely blessed evening, and check out the other ladies at Sting my heart who are sharing their thankful hearts today!

8 comments:

Zaankali said...

Yep, I left Libby this morning thinking she probably could have handled a longer week. Oh well now we know for next year. And 6 months ago I truly don't think she would have been ready for it. Maybe she has just grown up a lot this summer. However, she didn't handle Mom being gone well. She and Mark both told me about all the times she woke up crying.
Who knows?
Smiles!

Nancie said...

It is so encouraging to read your thankful post. Thank God for giving you loving husband and children. I am praying for you and family that God will provide for your every need and keep all of you near to Him daily. Thank God for strengthening you through His Words. Praying for you especially for the changes next month. May God's love and faithfulness strengthen you at all times. Thanks for sharing your sweet thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless you always!

Cheryl said...

You have a great post Kim. It is wonderful to have friends! Really true Christian friends. That is something to be thankful for. I love your new picture! Happy Thankful Thursday to you! God Bless~

Marsha said...

Okay, Kimberly...I think we are on the same treadmill, or at least they are side by side. We seem to be stuck on the fast cycle. I'll pray for you and you pray for me.

Have a blessed week and enjoy your 3 days of peace!

Denise said...

Really enjoyed this thankful post, be blessed sweetie.

T and T Livesay said...

Great post!

Nancie said...

Hi Kim,

I thank God that He enables us to meet through blogging. I am encouraged by your posts.

Thanks for visiting me and commenting too. Thanks for your Friendship and encouragements. I have two awards to share with you (Share The Love Award and Friendship Award). Do come over when you have time. Take care and God bless you and family always. Blessed weekends!

With appreciation and prayers,
Nancie

Connie Barris said...

Beautiful...

We started school and my son is loving it... maybe because he has a girlfriend now.... how did that happen... LOL. He started Middle school!!!

I always enjoy coming here.. even if it's not as often as I would like..

love ya friend