Many of you know that I studied the book of Ezekiel awhile back. I have been wanting to summarize my study over a few days on my blog, that it may spur a few of you on to study God's word. I began my study on November 3, 2008.
What I learned (I didn't start writing my summary chapter by chapter, but later thought it best to help you see where my thoughts came from):
- God's Majesty - His throne is like Sapphire; brilliant like a rainbow.
- When He calls us he expects obedience.
- He knows what he is calling us to and the outcome - he just wants our obedience (2:7)
- "Do not be Afraid"
- Sometimes God calls us to really hard things
- Devour God's word - it is as sweet as honey (3:3) & Psalms
- God doesn't mind our arguing and protesting - he knows even before we speak (4:14 & 15)
- God punishes rebellion because he is jealous for His name.
- God is patient and slow to anger, but his anger must be appeased. He cannot allow sin to continue unabated.
- He is constantly reminding his people of who He is.
- God's presence cannot be present if sin and rebellion continue - he will removed himself.
- Be sure it is God who is speaking to me.
- Every word I hear from someone who says "God told me" - shift through God's word
- I need to be careful that when I say something is of God that it truly is - I do not want to be a false prophet.
- God is eternally patient with his creation, BUT there will be judgement we can count on that.
- Even though we break covenant after covenant - God has kept and will keep every one.
- My sin is my sin. I cannot blame anyone else.
- If we harbor rebellion, God will not hear us. (Ez. 20)
- God is Sovereign - even over those who do not acknowledge Him.
- God desires that all know him - he says throughout this book "then they will know that I am the Lord." The whole earth (people) think they are in control but , "they will know". (Ez. 25)
- God even uses the ungodly for his purposes, example Nebuchadnezzar. (Ez 26)
- Oh how the mighty fall - Tyre a picture of the United States? (Ez 27)
- God remembers his covenants and takes care of his Children. "Then they will know". (Ez 28)
- God makes men rise and fall, their error is thinking they did it.
Page one of notes done. I have 3 more pages front and back! I would love to see if you see the same things in these passages. Go get a shovel and start digging!!!!