Friday, September 26, 2008

2 things that have got my dander up this morning!!!!

O.K., this is my place to vent so here goes:

# 1 - If you live here in A-Town or are ever going to travel through A-Town, MI there is a simple law you need to remember:
  • We have what is called Michigan U-turns in A-Town. I don't know why they call them that, but that is how you get from going one way to going another way. So we just got these u-turns a few years ago, but still to this day I get totally frustrated with people who get mad at me for following the law. Ya see I checked it out with the local SHERIFF and he confirmed that I am right! Here goes:
  • UNLESS THERE ARE TWO ARROWS IN THE U-TURN IT IS FIRST COME FIRST LEAVE. NO "YOU LEFT ME ROOM THERE FOR I CAN COME NEXT TO YOU AND LEAVE FIRST". THE REASON THE U-TURNS ARE SO BIG IS FOR LARGE TRUCKS.
  • So when I am in front of you do not yell at me for taking my turn and looking as if I cut you off. There are times in the morning, before my first or second cup of Joe that I may not remember "plant yourself in the middle Kim you know one is going to want to share your space!"
  • Nuff SAID!

O.K. on to #2 -

  • This issue of us (the middle class) bailing out all the big financial institutions! Now I know if we don't do something things will get really bad, but do any of you every thing "Hello, I am not poor, and I am not rich. I am here in the middle, trying to take care of one (which I should be doing according to scripture), and now I need to help those out who because of GREED and only GREED have made stupid (and I never say stupid) choices! ARGGHH!!!!! These people have pocketed money after money after money and now my hard earned tax dollars are going to BAIL them out! Do I get to discipline them too! Do I have a say in this?!!!! Can I get to them and say BIG, BIG SHAME ON YOU, YOU NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY PEOPLE!!!! No, they will be bailed out and allowed to do other things because no one will tell them that they are wrong! That they have sinned! That everything has a consequence!

O.K. I think I can breathe again now! Thank you for allowing me to vent! I will go work out now and burn off some frustrations. But let me tell you this "if you will be working out at Contours in the next 45 minutes, expect an education in the LAW!!!!!

9 comments:

Cheri said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!

It just happened to me this week in the U turn - someone pulled right next to me and went right as I was going.

I have to admit- I might have said something not so nice about that driver. (Nothing terrible- but I guess moron isn't something I would want my children calling other people either!)

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm not the only one who gets totally annoyed with people using the U-turns wrong!!! :) It drives me crazy...especially when I was there first and they pull out in front of me. Or worse, when they pull into my lane!!!

Diane said...

AMEN! at least to point #1!!!!!! I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten honked at or "stabbed with daggers" by the people who are ignorant to the laws of "Michigan turns". I try very hard to stay in the middle to avoid this situation, as I'm sure you do as well, but every once in a while you might run across a compact car (possibly driven by a college student - don't even get me started on the number of inexperienced drivers we have) that might just still fit between me and the curb!.......

I think I know what you're talking about with point #2 and I have also been very FRUSTRATED by those kinds of people who are continually enabled by someone who thinks they're helping out but are really doing more harm than good... not to mention how our "wonderful" system continues to ENABLE these people... the system will continue to be abused as long as those running it allow it to be abused!

(hope your workout was extra good for you this morning - both physically and emotionally!)

Zaankali said...

You go girl!
Seriously, it drives me nuts that even in my big 'ol suburban little cars will try to squeeze in next to me on the outside when I am needing to get all the way across into the turn lane and know I am left to wonder if they are going to try to turn with me and side swipe me in the process. It drives me nuts! Can't they put up a sign that says "single file" or "one lane turn"? Something.
Argh.

Mari said...

I was just complaining about #1 tonight. They even did an article in the advance about this, but the people who need to see it apparently don't read those articles!
#2 - I really don't know what to think about this but I am sick of bailing people out too - only to read that the bigwigs in the company are getting some huge severance deal!

Cheryl said...

Amen Sister!! You are so right! I don't know about the #1 because I live in the country far away from your state. But now I can really relate to your #2. Nobody could have said it any better than you my friend! You go GIRL!

DeeDee said...

Don't know about the #1 - but agree with the # 2

It does good to vent huh?

Breathing is good! LOL
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Anonymous said...

THIS NOTE IS FOR JEREMIAH!!

JEREMIAH, UNCLE RALPH AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A REALLY AWESOME BIRTHDAY!!! WE ARE THANKFUL AS WELL
TO HAVE YOU AS A PART OF OUR FAMILY!!! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND WE ARE SEEING ANSWERS TO PRAYER EVERYDAY!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB JEREMIAH GOD BLESS YOU WITH MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS!!!!! AUNT SANDY & UNCLE RALPH

Shelly said...

I AGREE WITH YOU ON BOTH, WAY TO GO!

ALSO, I WAS COMING HOME FROM WORK ONE NIGHT AND HEADING EAST ON M-45 AND MY LIGHT WAS GREEN AND WAS STAYING GREEN FOR A WHILE. I WAS CRUISING ALONG AND THE NORHT AND SOUTH TRAFFIC WAS STOPPED AT THE LIGHT BY ADMIRAL (68TH). GUESS WHAT? ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS LITTLE BLACK CAR WITH SOME TWENTY SOMETHING IN THERE PULLED OUT AND TURNED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I HAD TO BRAKE OR I MIGHT HAVE HIT THE PERSON THAT PULLED OUT. HE DID NOT EVEN STOP. JUST CAME AROUND THERE AND KEPT TURNING WHILE I AM TRYING TO GO STRAIGHT. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!