My 8 in 2008!
1. To learn to wait on God
God is teaching me many things in this area. I am learning to wait and listen! I have so many wonderful women (including some of you) who are so encouraging to me in this spiritual practice. So many times lately I have heard over and over again to "Be Still". I'm learning Lord, please continue to show me!!!!
2. To practice better hospitality
Still a hard, very hard process! I have so many ideas for this fall for Bekah and I to do! I just hope I follow through!
3. To speak truth in love and to stop gossip before it begins
I think I have been speaking truth lately, sometimes not with a very loving attitude though! I've needed an attitude adjustment lately.
4. To pray for others more. To pray for the salvation of my family (extended)
Not doing very good here!
5. To take better care of God's temple
I've reluctantly started working out at Contours! I know it's good for me but I still don't have to like it do I? I am also contemplating the big move of no longer drinking POP! Did I say that outloud where people will hold me accountable?????
6. To study 8 books of the Bible
Finished Philippians, Titus and Nehemiah
7. To memorize 8 verses
I have memorized Philippians 1:9
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight. (I have put this verse in the birthday cards of kids at church)
8. To organize all the closets, bookshelves and storage areas in my house.
Haven't done much here since July! Some rooms have gotten messy again!!!!!!!