Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday!

Psalms 5:3

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;

in the morning I lay my requests before you

and wait in expectation.

Psalms 27:14

Wait for the LORD;

be strong and take heart

and wait for the LORD.

Psalms 130:5

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,

and in his word I put my hope.

Isaiah 30:18

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;

he rises to show you compassion.

For the LORD is a God of justice.

Blessed are all who wait for him!


Woosh!!!! Another Thursday has gotten away from me! It's been a busy day, but a good day! The Lord is Good!

One of the things I have asked the Lord to show me and teach me this year is to wait on Him! I am a slow learner! But the great thing is he is slow to anger and rich in love (Psalms 86:15; Psalms 103:8; Psalms 145:8; Joel 2:13; Jonah 4:2) This week I have experienced His peace, and He has restored my joy! Do I deserve it?! Not in the least, but that does not matter to Him. He loves me and desires for me to grow closer to him! Condemnation is not a part of who he is! Praise God, I can go with confidence before His throne (Hebrew 4:15 & 16)!

This week I am thankful for:

  • His continued guidance!
  • His abiding love!
  • His tender discipline (even when it hurts)!
  • His faithfulness!
  • His servants!
  • His creation!
  • His provisions!
  • His testing!
  • His blessings!
  • His answers to our prayers and our questions?

What has God showed you this week? What has he taught you? Come join others as they give thanks over at Sting my Heart!

3 comments:

Nancie said...

Kimberly, thanks for sharing these encouraging Bible verses. Waiting upon God is indeed not easy! The Lord is teaching to do so daily too. He is really gracious though I am a slow learner! I echo your thankful list! Thank God for all His goodness and mercies to us. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

So glad I visited your site today. God reminded me to be patient and wait upon Him. God bless you.

Marsha said...

Hi Kimberly, I'm so glad you've experienced His presence in your life this week.

Have a blessed weekend.