What came to mind as soon as I saw Iris' theme for this week was the song "There is Joy in Serving Jesus!" Sometimes I find myself smiling and humming that tune and the starting to sing it, in alot of different situations. Do you know the song? I posted about it here.
I agree with Iris that Joy comes from the inside, because there are times where you just shouldn't have joy, but it is there still.
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.
It's late so I need to get to my thankful list! I so wish that I had more time to visit you all tonight, but I am tired and need to sleep! Hopefully tomorrow will bring the time that I can visit your sites as well.
Thankful for these:
- The moon has been so gorgeous the last few nights! Don't you love how when the seasons change, the moon and sun does too! It is truly an "Autumn Moon" out there!
- I'm thankful for a handy husband! Our dishwasher quit working the other day, and I had to wash dishes pioneer style! I'm sorry but I don't do good that way. By the time I got home today it was fixed!!!! YEAH!!!
- I'm thankful for what God has shown me this week in His word! Especially Isaiah 46!
- I love the surprises in scripture! Did you know there is a ghost in scripture - yes- go see I Samuel 28! Exciting story! Bad news for Saul, but boy good lessons too!
- I'm thankful that Steve and I got to go away together last weekend! Looking forward to this weekend with the whole family!
- Have a blessed week! Go check out the other thankful hearts at Sting my heart!