All the boys saying the Boy Scout Oath! We're very proud of all of them!Jeremiah and his Arrow of Light! It is just beautiful! A wonderful Keepsake!The proud parents and their proud boy!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
I just got done putting my son to bed. As I was doing it I was thinking of how much I enjoy putting my kids to bed! Having those quiet moments where we can talk about our day, and pray one last time together! I hope neither of them ever grow out of that! I am thankful for the two children the Lord has given me and Steve to raise! There was a time in my life where I wondered if I would ever have kids and if I would be a good mom! I have to admit sometimes I still wonder about the good mom thing, but God has taught me so much through my children. I will forever be grateful for his teaching me how to mother in a godly way!
I am thankful for the end of this day, and looking forward to the weekend. This week has been hard. There has been a spiritual battle going on in me this week! Satan has tried and sometimes succeeded in robbing me of my joy! God has shown me in so many ways that I have the power to over come! I spoke out against it, and Jesus has delivered the victory!!!!!
I'm thankful for Christian friends that encourage and admonish me. That give me hugs, and support, and give me scripture to claim! So many of you in blogdom have strengthened my walk with your words of hope and encouragement!
God bless you all tonight!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
Oh it gets me excited!!!!
Another thing I love about the 17th chapter is the fact that twice it mentions the "Prominent Women", verse 4 or Prominent Greek Women", verse 12. So many in society would and have said that God and the church tries to keep women down! I don't know about you, but throughout the Bible I see God holding women in high regard! In chapter 16 we are introduced to Lydia , a dealer in purple cloth. This statement "dealer in purple cloth" signifies that she was probably wealthy. She was a disciple of Jesus! Others that come to mind in the Bible are Deborah, Esther, Jekobed(?sp), Abigail, Ruth, Noami, Mary, and so many others! Society would like us to think that God is not fair, and that women are thought less in His eyes, but he gives us proof after proof that He loves us, and desires to use us for His kingdom! This doesn't mean there is not a proper order of things, because we know that God is a God of order, he says that in the 14th chapter of 1 Corinthians, verse 33 "For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace". That order is: Christ is the head of the husband and the husband the head of the wife, and God is the head of Christ 2 Corinthians 11:3. Proper order, the way things should be; not subjection (to bring under control or dominion, or to cause or force to undergo or endure (something unpleasant, inconvenient, or trying)), but freedom with proper boundaries (the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action).
I don't know about you, but that encourages me!
Have an awesome night, and get diggin'
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Here's the rules:Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written.But there is a catch:
Link 1 must be about Family
Link 2 must be about Friends and Family
Link 3 must be about Yourself
Link 4 must be about something you Love.
Link 5 can be anything you Choose (thought this was good since I'm posting it on Sunday)
Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better.
I've seen this Meme around before and I don't know who's done it or not. I would love to get to know you guys better too, so if you've done this meme tell me in your comments so I can go take a looksy!
Have an Awesome Sunday!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Bekah's Word: Respondent: one who responds: as a: one who maintains a thesis in reply b (1): one who answers in various legal proceedings (as in equity cases) (2): the prevailing party in the lower court
Sentence: When my mom calls, I am a respondent.
My Verse: Psalms 102:17 He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea.
Jeremiah's Word: Nightie (I don't know how he gets these interesting words): a nightgown for a woman or child
Sentence: That child wears a nightie.
My Verse: Psalms 42:8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.
Have an awesome Saturday! Enjoy your family, and be in the WORD!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Even though I haven't been able to sit down to blog all day, I have been thinking about Prayer, since that is what Iris was thankful for on her blog! My prayer life continues to be something I struggle with, because I still assume there is a special method for which I should approach the throne of God, and I fall far short! But this post is about being thankful, and I am!
- I so thank God for his availability to me anytime, anywhere. He just wants me, and to communicate with me.
- I am thankful he doesn't see me the way I sometimes see myself! He sees me perfect through His son! I don't need to be someone I am not!
- After having another friend lose a young husband, I am so thankful for mine! So often we take for granted that they will always be there with us, but none of us knows what tomorrow holds! Go give yours a big kiss right now and tell him how thankful you are for him!
- I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday, and that this week will be behind us! It has been so busy, and snowy!!!
- I am thankful for the safety of my family this week on the roads, and for the warm house that we have.
- I am thankful my husband still has his job. There has been so much upheaval lately at his work, nothing is secure!
- I am thankful that I just hit spellcheck thinking it still wouldn't be working and it WORKS NOW!!! Now there should be no more spelling errors right?!
- I am thankful for all the encouraging women out there in blogdom! I love being part of this community and getting to know you all!
I'm tired now, yes I know it's only 9:33, but hey what can I say, I'm old. BTW I should post tomorrow about the latest in my doctor saga. Has anyone ever been put on 3 cholesterol medicines? Like I said another post!
Have a great night, and Happy Thankful Thursday!!!
Oops almost forgot! Go check out all the other thankful ladies at Sting My Heart !
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
O.K. I feel better now! Thanks for allowing me this rant! Please do not let the picture in your mind effect how you view me on a normal day!
On a good note, I know that the snow replenishes the earth, and for that I am truly thankful! Maybe my Lake Superior lake levels will go up now!
Have a great day, and may God bless you REAL good!
Monday, February 18, 2008
The reason for this post is to ask for prayer for them! She has two sons, one has graduated High School the other is a sophmore. They also have his niece living with them, she is 17. I will be going to the funeral home tomorrow night. I ask for prayer that I will be able to minister to the family. I do not believe that they know the Lord. I have had several conversations with Lori, and at times she is just a little antagonistic to things of God. She has had some bad experiences in the church she used to go to (they were part of the Catholic church, and the abuses there totally left her and Duane, not wanting to go there anymore). Her nephew is the one that hit the youth pastors wife near Burnips, and they have seen alot of anger from the family, who are Christians, and with the closing of Curves here in town, alot of women were very angry and did not act in a Christlike manner towards her. We have always had a good relationship, I actually worked there for a while a few years ago. Please pray that the Lord will give me comforting words, and that somehow I can bring peace to the situation, and that I can be a Christlike representative to them. Lori's mother grew up going to church. Her family actually went to our church many many years ago. She also hasn't gone to church for years.
Please just pray!!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Anyway it started out really not looking to good for him or for me. I felt like I was never going to find my skating legs. Well I have to tell you, that boy kept at it, he smiled more then he frowned! When we thought about leaving instead of putting money in the meter, he said he didn't want to go yet, he was just getting the hang of it! He never gave up! We were more then proud, we were praising God, and having a great family time! It was such a blessing from God!
And I found my skating legs too!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
That being said as background. The other day I used the word Plethora, and I thought I wonder if my kids would like to do something similar to what I did. So I asked them, "what would you say if once a week (not every day as my task master did) I had each of you flip open the dictionary, close your eyes and point to a word, and we will put that on mom's blog. They both loved the idea. Here are the rules:
- Each one needs to flip open the dictionary, close eyes, and point at a word.
- We write down the definition
- They try use it in a sentence
- Mom trys finding a verse in the bible that will go with it.
Here are our words of the week:
Bekah: Levorotary - turning toward the left or counterclockwise
Her sentence: I went levorotary in a game.
My verse: Ezekial 18: 30 Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.
Jeremiah: Snapper - one that snaps: as a: something (as a remark) that gives new orientation to a situation or utterance
His sentence: Champ is a snapper. (He was being silly, but it works with the 1st part of the definition)
My verse: Ezekial 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? (That may be a stretch, but hey they were right next to each other too!)
Well we hope you enjoyed Super Word Saturday! If anything it should help you when you play scrabble!!
Kim, Jeremiah & Bekah
Thursday, February 14, 2008
- I am so thankful for my Father in Heaven who has given me all that I need! I'm thankful for the hard times where I grow closer to Him because I see my need, and I'm thankful for the times of plenty, where he showers blessings, even though undeserved! I'm thankful that He desires to bless us, and to show us His great love!
- I am so very thankful for the husband that He provided for me! Steve is everything I need in my help mate! He loves and supports me, encourages me and pushes me to action when I need it! He is an awesome friend, my very best, and an awesome father! He is a hard worker, and I am amazed at his brilliant mind! He can figure things out and make them work that just amaze me!
- I am thankful for God's Word that has so much to say and to show us about who God is! Just this week I was reading in Acts 14, and the following verses just popped out at me: 16In the past, he let all nations go their own way. 17Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." Even though God may let us go our own way, he does not desert us! He still is showing us love and mercy through the rain, crops, food, and best of all fills our hearts with Joy! Just like the verse says: Duet 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." and Duet 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. GOD'S WORD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE!!!
- Go out and make the most of your day! Go see what other people are thankful for at
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Rock the Crib Award!
Spreader of the Love Award!
This award I am giving to Denise at Shorty Bears Place because she is always so encouraging in her comments to others and to me. She spreads God's love everywhere!
Lovable Blog Award!
The Lovable Blog award goes to Connie at Little Red Hearts from God . She is always showing her heart for God in each post! Also she is so tender in talking about her loving daddy!
Pay it forward Blessing blog! This award I would like to give to Elisa at Extravagent Grace for the way she is building up and encouraging young women today!
I have so enjoyed getting to know these women and all you others through Blogging! Thanks for being used by God to be a blessing to me and so many others!
Monday, February 11, 2008
UUGGGHHH!!! There are days! It could be that we've been cooped up together to long! No I've just created monsters and now I have to deal with it! O.K. feel free to let me have it in the comments! Or take pity on me and give me some good Titus 2 advice!
I'll let you read the chapter for yourself, but the short version is: Neb has a dream, Daniel interrupts the dream, Neb does repent, the dream comes true; Neb realizes who's boss, and who is God, and gives him the praise he is due. Here are the verses that just jumped out at me:
28 All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar. 29 Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, 30 he said, "Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?"
31 The words were still on his lips when a voice came from heaven, "This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. 32 You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like cattle. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes."
God gave Neb a whole year to repent before his judgement fell! It reminds me of his patience with us.
2 Peter 3:9 says "9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?
4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?
Daniel 4:34 says: "At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation.
verse 37 says "Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.
This just blessed my heart yesterday, and I just wanted to share it with you! Desire to be in His word today! Read it and see the richness of his message to us! There is so much to learn from in His word, there is no end to the lessons, messages, and hope that is found there!
Dig in and be Blessed!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Lastly my husband took the only non-sick children to Rosa Park Circle to skate yesterday, at the recommendation of Jennifer . They both had a ball, and Bekah did really well for her first time! Here is a video of that!
P.S. Hey Jennifer, my husband had to pay the same parking bill you guys did! Isn't that a coinkodink!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
It made me think of the verse:
James 1: 2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
Looking back over this past week the things I am thankful for are:
2. My son made the Principals List! He was so proud! He didn't think he would get it, because of some struggles he had. He came home with it in his coat because, he said "He couldn't stop looking at it!"3. I'm thankful for again another snow day! Three weeks in a row the kids have had 4 days of school! Not much to complain about huh!!!
4. I'm thankful for the lessons God continues to teach me about answers to prayer, and how waiting for answers allows us to see others in a different more compassionate way!
5. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to hear Kay Arthur speak at a conference this weekend, and how it doubled my devotion to just being in the Word of God!
6. I'm thankful for my husband, who is so supportive and encouraging! I am still amazed at how God brought us together, and I am so thankful He did!
7. Even though it's cold outside, I'm thankful for the "Blanket of White" that reminds me of how God sees me in Christ!
8. I'm thankful that my children are so excited about the new bible studies I brought home for them from the Conference! They are Inductive Bible Studies for kids. Bekah got one on Jonah and Jeremiah got one on Daniel! It has been a great time of sitting down and studying together!
I hope you all have a very "Thankful Thursday" too! See the other's who are Thankful at:
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
This morning already he has blessed me abundantly!
Oh yeah, while as I searching I found this little poem that I thought may encourage you as a Mother:
Monday, February 4, 2008
My life begins anew!
58. In March of 1994 I told God that if I’m single for the rest of my life or single until I’m 50 he’s picking the next one!
59. I met Steve in April of 1994.
60. An old friend called me after her divorce (this happened often, friends calling after divorces) and asked if I wanted to do dinner.
61. Then she invited me to her singles group at her church.
62 She pointed out Steve and said she’d like to set me up with him. I politely declined.
63 Another time we went out with the group M was late so I sat by Steve and his friend M.
64 After the movie we all went out to eat. I sat next to Steve and M sat next to M.
65 Steve and I started dating in June.
66 I knew when I loved him and one reason why is: are you ready? He loved his dog and his family!
67 We went to California in December to see Steve’s brother & his family.
68 We talked about merging our stuff, but not marriage. (Not that we were moving intogether, no, no, no! Just we didn’t talk about it. I was in no hurry! Can you believe it!
69 He proposed on March 4th, 1995 on his living room couch.
70 We went to Cygnus, (a fancy restaurant the next night).
71 We were married on July 22, 1995.
72 Steve got a kidney stone on our wedding night and we ended up at the hospital.
73 Our honeymoon was supposed to be to the Smokey’s.
74 We went north instead to Mackinaw City.
75 We went on a cruise 6 months later.
76 I was pregnant for Jeremiah at the time!
77 We were living in Wyoming, MI
78 Jeremiah was born September 30, 1996
79 I quit working after Jeremiah was born.
80 Our family took a trip to Washington State to visit Steve’s brother H and his family (Beautiful State)
81 We miscarried a baby in early 1998.
82 We moved to Atown, MI in June 1998.
83 I got pregnant for Bekah in July of 1998.
84 We started attending 1st Reformed of Allendale in August 1998.
85 My faith has grown in leaps and bounds since then.
86 Bekah was born April 13th 1999.
87 My sister Darlene died of Lupus October 19, 2002
88 I am a perfectionist, which makes parenting a God thing always!
89 One of my key sayings is “I am being a willow, not an Oak! Can you tell I have issue there too!
90 I think I’m a little OCD
91 I have issues with food and weight. I love food, and weight seems to find me!
92 I tend to be very hard on myself and hard on others!
93 I am the Director of Children’s Ministries at our church. This is very much out of my comfort zone, and God has me here for a purpose.
94 I love the Lord more and more each day!
95 I want to know His word and be able to speak it boldly for His kingdom!
96 God has blessed me with a wonderful Husband and Kids.
97 We love to camp!
98 I love the U.P.
99 I love stones from the shores of Lake Superior!
100 I am becoming addicted to blogging!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
The early years:
1. I was born in 1964
2. I am 9th of 10 children
3. I have 1 brother and 8 sisters
4. I was brought up in a Christian home, how be it not perfect!
5. I have a niece that is 3 months younger then me
6. I grew up on a farm near Lowell, MI. A beautiful place of rolling hills and great smells!
7. When I was around 5 I was hit in the head with a hay bale! My sister forgot to yell watch out below! (yes that explains a lot doesn’t it ladies) Also got stitches on my forehead.
8. Also when I was younger I was rolling on a Milk can (ya know like a log) and I fell of and got stitches on my chin
9. When I was walking down our hill from the bus stop I was almost hit by a car that was out of control. It rolled and landed in our front yard!
10. We did not have a TV in our house until I was 9 then it was just a 13”, black and white model
11. We never had a Christmas Tree growing up. Dad didn’t like the commercialization of Christmas.
12. I was once told by a boy I had a crush on that he would never marry a women with false teeth. This was just as I was spitting a tooth into the sink in 2nd grade. Dodged that bullet!!!
13. My little sister Kam has been taller then me since she was 3.
14. I never went “Trick or Treating” when I was younger. Never felt I missed anything either.
The inbetween years
15. I was asked by my sister’s mother-in-law if I bleached my hair when I was in the 6th grade. Yeah my good Baptist parents would allow that! Right!!!
16. I once wore my bib overalls backwards like Buck Owens for picture day at school!
17. In the 6th and 8th grades I went to Arizona for a month with my parents and sister!
18. On a trip around Lake Superior I feel in head first in Thunder Bay! Another reason for the way I am!
19. My brother use to pay me a quarter to blow dry his hair for dates!
20. Driving my dad’s John Deere tractor I almost knock a buggy down that was on a special stand. Never told my dad how that board got move!
The teen years (these are not pretty)
21. My curfew was 10:00 for the longest time (they used to sing, “every party has a pooper that’s why we brought Kim) Oh yeah my self esteem was great!
22. I would not want my kids in a Youth group like I was in (nuf said)
23. Once my friend and I snuck down the fire escape and skipped church at night!
24. I once had the nick name of “Moe” to my girlfriends “Joe”
25. We once imbedded her Camero engine deep in snow in a cemetery!
26. The only rock album I ever had was Billy Squier. Otherwise I was country when country wasn’t cool.
27. I started dating ED my senior year of High School!
28. That lasted 4 years, and ended very badly! Praise God he had better plans!
29. I was an average student in High School
30. I was a wall flower, follower, YUCK! Glad God changed that!
31. I graduated in 1982! (25, almost 26 years ago!!!)
32. My first job out of school was a prep cook at Wolfgangs’s Just Breakfast in Eastown.
33. My 2nd job was at Hudson’s
34. My 3rd job was at Baker Book House Publishing Division
The Single Years!
35. From there I started my illustrious career in Insurance.
36. I’ve had to many jobs to mention them all.
37. I have worked on the Company and Agency side of Insurance.
38. In 1986 my sister Kam and I moved in together (not the best idea)
39. I started working at Foremost Insurance in 1985.
40. Kam and I met our friend Jamie that year.
41. She is now like family.
42. I moved out on my own in 1987 and lived that way until I married Steve.
43. I didn’t do much when I was single, all my friends were married.
44. I did go on one Cruise with my friend Suzanne! That was Awesome!
45. I started dating T during this period. Not a serious relationship, but one that increased my faith…. You see
46. He was an agnostic!! (let me say here, not the recommended way to grow your faith!)
47. He challenged me in the faith department, and I then began to realized what and in Whom I believed.
48. We broke up in 1989, but still continued to see each other occasionally
49. Finally one night I told him God will not bless me with my future husband if I do not let go of him, so that was it. That was in May 1993 I think.
50. My dad died June 2, 1990
51. I moved out to Lowell to be near my Mom.
52. I loved my apartment in Lowell, we still drive by it and reminisce (Steve and I)
53. I lived there for 3 years from 1992 til 1995
54. I started working at Lake States Insurance Company.
55. I went on several blind dates! I don’t recommend them but for some people they work.
56. I started hanging out with the singles from Alto Baptist Church
57. I began to have a social life, thanks mostly to my friend B.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Today we did a quick inductive study of 1 Timothy. Boy is that book rich!
The breakout sessions I went to were awesome too! I have learned much, and am so excited to put it into practice! In one we study the leadership qualities of Nehemiah! Now I can't wait to get into that book too!
It was a great 1 1/4 days! I am so glad I went! I want to know: WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR LEGACY TO BE?
The next time I post it will be my 100th post, can you believe it? I can't! I have a list of 100 things about me to post, I just don't know whether I will do it in 1 or 2 post. I seem to get wordy!
Friday, February 1, 2008
- I had cramps!
- I was fasting because I needed my blood drawn!
- I did not start out my day with God and His Word!
- I was tired!
- No COFFEE!
So my son who lately has been coming upstairs all dressed did the same today. Now I have looked at him before and decided to keep my mouth shut even though the pants were to his ankles and the shirts were either short sleeved (we live in Michigan), they seemed to small or not a thing matched. But today I pick to tell him 5 minutes before we had to leave (I had to bet the elderly to be first in line to get my blood drawn and get the kids to school and make a 9:00 meeting), that I wanted him to change his clothes because his pants were to short! They had a hole in the knee! and his shirt was too Small! A small world war occured! He said I could disown him! He cried, I spouted! No body was having fun!
Feeling like a loser, bad mom today! We made up before we left the driveway, BUT!
Can you say "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING"! So mothers of sons who don't care what they look like, what would you have done?HELP!
I think this was just before she got her first hair cut!
I thought Dawn would like this picture! See how little our kids were!Have a great Friday! Tonight and tomorrow I get to go to a Women's Leadership Conference at a local College. I am very excited because one of my favorite Bible teachers will be there. No not Alister!!! Kay Arthur!!!!! I so enjoy that woman!
May God Bless you REAL Good!