What I love about winter in Michigan!!!!!
- Blankets of white everywhere!
- A fire in our wood stove!
- Sitting inside with a cup of cappuccino, and watching the snow fall!
- The first snow!
- When snow falls down in big clomps like a snow globe!
- Red cardinals on a green fir tree covered in white! Talk about contrast!
- Sledding, even though I don't do it much any more, I love watching my kids with their dad!
- The Lake in winter! The pier all covered in ice! You will never find me on it though!
- Snow Days!
- Listening to the snow fall! Have you ever done that! Lay on the ground and just listen!
- Feeling all tough and snow blowing the driveway! I always feel so macho after that!
- The different snows! Heavy and wet, light and blowy, big chunks!
- Snow drifts! Now mind you I don't want to drive in this stuff!
- Snow Angels!
- Memories of:
the blizzard of '78 when we were snowed in for 3 days!
- skating on the pond in back of our house to the music our dad had playing from the cupola(?) on top of the barn!
- Walking home from the bus on top of 10 foot snow piles!
- Sledding down the big hill across the road!
- riding in the sleigh with my dad!
- Cross country skiing in the fields and woods around where I grew up!
- Herds of 30 or 40 deer in our back field!
I love living in Michigan! I love seeing other places in the U.S. and hopefully the world, but to me there is no better place to live then here (for me that is)! Yeah sometimes winter may seem long, but to be able to see all the seasons, I just feel blessed!
Psalms 74: 16 & 17 The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and moon. It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter.
Hosea 6: 1-3 Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."
Well my sweet little bed mate may be asleep now, so I can go to bed. Where ever you live, give praise to God for what he has created!
Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
Even in things we find hard to understand or explain, God is in it!