Sunday, October 21, 2007

OnYa

So last night I get home and Steve ask's me "what does OnYa" mean. My hubby's been reading my blog. Well I thought I'd better explain since most of the rest of you don't know what it means either. In one of the many Beth Moore studies I've done she mentioned how those in her office go around blessing each other. They just raise their hand and say "OnYa". So that has become my little way of blessing ya'll. So here is a blessing for today too. I usually bless the kids with this when they are going to school or at bedtime:


" ' "The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." '

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you,OnYa to you too.See-ya soon,Patty

Melissa said...

Ok, I'll admit, I didn't know what "OnYa" meant either...thanks for explaining!!! :)

Cheri said...

I love that Kim!
That is a great picture by the way- beautiful!

Zaankali said...

Too funny! I never really got that either. You would think I would have asked you but I was probably to busy replying to what ever the e-mail was about. Is that picture from Maine or the UP? It is gorgeous.
Smiles!

Mari said...

Great picture!
Onya!

Anonymous said...

Your blessing reminds me of the way Michael Card used to end his concerts (and maybe still does???). I was humming inside while reading . . . :)