Today is Thursday and a time to reflect on all I have to be thankful for looking back over my week! Iris' word for the day is Honesty. I so desire to be more honest in my relationships. I do find it hard because I don't think I ever learned the tool of constructive conversations. There have been times in my past where God has compelled me to speak, oh so against my will, but for the good of someone I loved dearly! Why is it that we struggle so much for this issue? Is it because our hearts are not bent toward honesty, but dishonesty? Do people honestly desire to hear the truth? This is something that I struggle with because we are called to speak honestly to each other. Colossians 3:15-17 says:
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
I truly desire honesty in myself and my friends and family. I pray that God will continue to grow in me the desire and courage to speak when he calls me to speak. Not to condemn someone, but to restore. That being said here is what I am thankful for this week:
- I'm thankful for God's word and how it is living and the best instruction manual that anyone could have.
- I'm thankful for those who have been honest with me even though it was hard. Please keep it up and continue to hold me accountable. By doing so you are helping mold me into the servant God wants me to be.
- I'm thankful for the ladies at Living Well who I am accountable to every week! It is helping!
- I'm thankful that Jeremiah got of to camp O.K. yesterday and that I have so many wonderful people praying for him and us. Day 2 is upon us today!
- I'm thankful for the beautiful green of Spring! I think the leaves grow overnight in secret to surprise us in the morning!
- I'm thankful for my faithful and loving husband who I can laugh with over the silliest things! We are a weird family, but we love each other and "weird is as weird does"!
- I'm thankful that there are only 4 more weeks of school! YEAH, I can't wait for summer!
- I'm thankful my sister Sandy is able to come up and spend time with my Mom and her kids and grand kids! I know she misses them bunches!
- As I look toward Mother's Day I am so thankful he made me a mother! There was a time when I didn't think I would ever be one, or that I would make a good mother! By God's grace alone I think I am doing O.K.!
Have an awesome week! I pray that God will continue to bless you and keep you! That he will make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you!