Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blogging Christmas Celebration!

*** This is a "sticky post" and will remain at the top of the posts until January. Scroll down for new posts.***

I saw this on Melissa's blog. I thought it would be fun too! She saw it on Laura's blog. Everyday in December, Laura will post a new "Christmas Favorite". Then those of us participating will post our "Christmas Favorite" that falls into that category. If you miss a day, just make it up next time you log in. For more details, you can visit her site. If you want to play along, you can make a "sticky post" to stay at the top, or post it in your sidebar. Link to Laura's button (above) so new people can join in the game. This will be a really fun way to learn more about our blogging friends. Have fun and Merry CHRISTmas!!
Dec 1- Favorite Christmas Song - Hallelujah Chorus
Dec 2- Favorite Christmas Flower(?) - I guess mine would be the Christmas Tree - Frazier Fir to be exact. I usually kill all other plants. I have to say though that I have gotten some very beautiful Pointsettia's from our MH at church. Receiving those have always made me smile.
Dec 3- Favorite Christmas Smell - That would have to be the Christmas Tree too, and maybe Cinnamon
Dec 4- I have two - My dad and mom made these Merry Christmas blocks before he died. They used to do crafts alot and mom hasn't done any since. They are very special to me. I hope to someday have a mantle to put them on. The other are several Christmas Tree ornaments that a friend of mine got Steve and I for wedding presents. She went out and pick blown glass ornaments that had special meanings. I won't go into all of them, but the cucumber is hidden in the tree on Christmas Eve and the first child to find it on Christmas morning gets to open a present first. These are treasured ornaments!


Dec 5- Favorite Christmas Color - I think burgandy and cream together! It's so rich looking!
Dec 6- Favorite Christmas Drink - Hmmmm! I don't know if I have a favorite. I do like sharing a glass of wine with my husband after the kids go to bed, sitting in our big chair with only the lights of the Christmas tree and Trans-siberian playing!

Dec 7- Favorite Christmas Movie - I would have to say Elf or The Polar Express.
Dec 8- Favorite Reindeer - I would have to say Prancer because I liked the movie Prancer. I'm a big fan of Sam Elliot (the father in the movie).
Dec 9- Favorite Christmas Candy - I guess right now it's the little M&M pretzel candies you make with the Hersey's Kisses. Bekah and I just made some the other night.
Dec 10- Favorite Christmas Quote or Saying - I guess the only one I can think of is "Everytime a bell rings, an angel get his wings" from it's a wonderful life.

Dec 11 - Favorite Christmas Ornament - The ornaments my kids have either made or purchased for me from Santa's shop at school!

Dec 12- Favorite Christmas Cookie - My mother's frosted sugar cookies. I could eat them til I bust. I'm to lazy to make them though because you have to roll them , then cut them out!
Dec 13- Favorite Christmas Decorating Style - I honestly don't think I have one. Simple and uncomplicated I guess. My poor children are not going to have great decorating memories!
Dec 14- Favorite Christmas animal/creature- The poor little donkey Mary road on!

Dec 15- Favorite Christmas store- I don't think I have one.

16- Favorite Christmas gift ever received- The gifts I get from my kids. I will treasure them always.

Dec 17- Favorite Christmas gift ever given-The little gifts I've made for people, like the Coasters, glass block wrapped present, and the birdhouses I gave to my Mom and Tena last year.

Dec 18- Favorite Christmas Activity - Probably getting our tree, and decorating it together. Steve and I started cutting down our own tree before we got married. We took the kids for several years where it seemed like they didn't like it. Now we are all excited about going, even the Great White Reindeer Champ!
Dec 19- Favorite person to buy gifts for - Besides my kids every year I make my mom a calendar of our year in pictures, mostly of the kids. I don't know if it's one of her favorites or not, but I love doing it.
Dec 20- Favorite way to wrap a present - My gifts don't look very pretty. This year I know I have some bows somewhere, but I can't find them in the mess which is our storage room, so the gifts look pretty plain. Bekah has helped me this year though, that's been fun!
Dec 21- Favorite time of Christmas - Christmas Eve after the kids are in bed, Steve and I get all their gifts out of hiding, put them under the tree, then turn the music on, sit in our big chair, and share a glass of wine together while listening to Tran-Siberian and Harry Connick Jr. (I always want him to dance with me to the song "What are you doing New Years Eve". Sometimes he humors me!
Dec 22- Favorite Part of Christmas Dinner - Well I have two things - #1 - just like the post below describes, Kam and I and our families have a Prime Rib dinner sometime before Christmas. It is soooooooooo gooooood, tender and yummy! On Christmas morning I always make a egg casserole for Steve and I, and get the kids cinnamon rolls.
Dec 23- Favorite Christmas Celebration (Big family, small family) - I love it when it's just the 4 (oops 5) of us. We usually get either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day just for ourselves and it's just a great relaxing time.
Dec 24- Favorite Christmas Place (in front of fire, tree, snowy window) - I've said it before, but sitting with my husband in our big chair with the only lights from the Christmas Tree and other decorations
Dec 25- Favorite Christmas Verse - Matthew 1:22-23 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us." (Isaiah 7:14)
Dec 26- Favorite Christmas Tradition - Getting our Christmas tree and decorating it. Giving the kids their new ornament for the year. They love getting all the past ones out and putting them in order from oldest to newest.
Dec 27- Favorite Christmas Lights - The lights on our tree. I love it when the lights of the house are turned off and their the only ones on. I also like seeing the tree when I am coming home, and I can see it through the window! It's warm and inviting.
Dec 28- Favorite Christmas Memory - My favorite Christmas memories really all started when I met and married Steve. Our 1st Christmas together we went out to California to visit Steve's brother Bern and his family. My favorite memories involve getting our Christmas Trees and all the traditions we have started as a family.
Dec 29- Favorite Christmas Leftovers - You mean there are some! Just kidding! I don't get it often, but I would have to say my sister Kam's cheese cake. It is delicious beyond words, and I'm not exaggerating!
Dec 30- Favorite Time to take down Decorations - Usually a few days after Christmas, but this year New Years Day! We didn't get our Christmas Eve picture of the family on Christmas Eve so we had to keep things up until we did! Mom is a bit obsessive about these things!
Dec 31- Nothing here except to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND MAY YOU BE TRULY BLESSED THIS COMING YEAR!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm going to do this too - it's be interesting to see what we all come up with.

Anonymous said...

Your talents never cease to amaze me! You are one crafty gal!
~Debi