Friday, January 11, 2008

I AM your Fame - Lesson 9 - A set up for a show up!

Discussion Questions:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond? I'm hyper critical of myself, but I think I would say an 8. He is filling up more and more of my conversations. I love talking about simple, yet amazing things he has done with my children: The sunrise in the morning; freshly fallen snow that weighs the tress down; etc.

2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan? I'm sure I have, right now nothing is poping up. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part? My trial right now is health, and I look at it as God teaching me patience and compassion.
4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory? It is God who heals when he chooses! I have had many people praying for me this past week. It is up to God when he will heal me. It is not for me to wonder or fret over how long and why was my healing not instantanious! God is doing a work in me, and I give him the glory because I hope in Him!
5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it? No, but I do think that when we are proclaiming what God has done, to know where we came from will show his great mercy and love for us!

No comments: