What a way to start out the new year, continuing my "I AM" Bible Study! I can't thank God enough for bringing me to Lisa at The Preachers Wife blog. Her Bible Study has enriched my time with God and I am truly grateful! Do you know what else?! In the lesson today she actually mentioned my favorite Preacher Man! You ladies that know me know I don't have to tell you who that! If you don't know, go to her blog for this lesson or comment and I'll tell ya, and no it isn't Alex Trebek!
1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel? I haven't had alot of terribly awful experiences outside of the issues of school, and being ridiculed there. I do not have any desire to go to High School reunions because of that! I hated my school days and don't like to remember them.
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable. There is one I don't feel terribly comfortable mentioning, but just let me say, Satan tries to throw it back at me, and I have tell say "Satan, I am forgiven, and you no longer have power to use this issue in my life! I am covered in the Blood of Christ, Hallelujah!!!" For me it's the memory that can haunt sometimes. I wish that I could go back and not have done it. Do I know God can use it, yes. Do I wish it never happened? You bet!
3. When is the last time you felt like an over comer? Each day God shows me another truth!
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders? Definately! I desire to be His willing instrument!
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'! YES!