Friday, December 28, 2007

"I AM" Bible Study - Lesson Seven "Who Am I?"

I love how this lesson tied into the devotion I posted a couple of days ago. I believe this would be one of the verily, verilies (not a real word) God is trying to teach me. I love it when I can see Him trying to drive home a point with me. This one being "It's not me, but Him who is able". I am His humble servant. A couple of the statements from this bible study that stood out to me were:

"Moses believed when he was a Prince that perhaps God could use his exalted position to aid in the deliverance of his people. But how could God possibly use him now that he had no power, no prestige to aid God in this great Exodus? By being reminded of this we can be assured Moses' mission was not about his attributes at all, but rather those of the God who was acting to rescue His beloved people from bondage."


"Even with God's continued reassurance, Moses still argued. A key concept we can take from Moses' conversation with God is that He invites dialogue, but never doubt. God graciously answered Moses' questions, but his anger burned when he doubted God was able to execute the Exodus through him. It took God finally saying, "ENOUGH! I'm asking you to do this because I love you. Consider it an honor!" to quiet Moses complaints." Boy have I done that!


Discussion Questions:

1. How would you answer the questions, "Who Am I?" I am a child of God, made for His purposes! Made for a relationship with him and to honor and serve Him with my life! Sometimes I need reminders of that, and I am glad that I have a Godly husband, and many Godly women around to remind me! Also children especially my oldest who remind me who I am.

2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a 'tagline'?Oh yeah! The position I am in at church I feel completely inadequate for. This past week women from the Children's Ministry Network I'm a part of told of the credentials they had for their job. My first impression was YIKES, I'm so not qualified to do this. Then I read the devotional from my "In Touch" magazine. It's was God gentle reminder that it's not me!

3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would? I'm always telling people I'm a numbers person! I also do well in confined spaces just entering data in a computer. I prefer behind the scenes work! I like to organize not manage! Maybe God could use me mightily in that?!

4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have 'helped God out' with something He has asked you to do? If you haven't lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?I can't think of anything at this time, but I do often feel I could really help God. I know this is right in this situation kind of thing. Boy does he have to get me out of the way alot!!!!!

5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you? Oh, definitely doubt. He is constantly having to remind me to just do! Be obedient, I will do the rest!

6. Do you believe God's Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind? Definitely! I can think of situations more then verses. Gideon is one I think of. He was hiding out in a wine press when God called him. Joseph and Mary were ordinary people. Moses was a shepherd. David was the youngest and a shepherd. The list goes on and on.

No comments: