1. I am going to present to you a little acrostic to begin our discussion today. What is your latest NLIP? (Not Like I Planned?) I guess the only thing I can think of right off the bat is raising my kids. The struggles that come that I think will never happen. We have struggled alot with our oldest and his impulse control. I'm glad for the lessons I've learned through these times though.
2. How did you react to your NLIP? Are you still upset about it? Happy about it? Baffled by it? Explain. I have reacted in may different ways through this time. Not all of them good. God has changed me through them. I'm no longer baffled I know he holds the future, no matter what it holds.
3. Have you ever attempted to step into an area of ministry and found your desire rejected? Did this cause you to question God and yourself? Perhaps distrust what you perceived to be your calling? There are times now I feel that. Then I have to put it in perspective and remember that I am not following man, but running hard after God. He is the only one that matters. If he is still calling me to this position then I need to ride out the rough times.
4. Do you harbor any bitterness towards any individual or situation which you believe waylaid your best laid plans?5. Have you had a life experience or trial that left you with a shaken faith because it ended in an NLIP? Please share if you feel free. Several years ago I had a real issue with someone. I gave it to God and now we are friends, not best friends, but I love this person as a sibling in Christ.
5. Based on Moses' response of faith to his own rejection, how will you re-evaluate your own experiences or look at future ones differently if a NLIP presents itself? Keeping my eyes on Christ as much as I can, and trusting Him to forgive me when I fail.